Hello and welcome to today’s blog post, which is a fun celebratory card featuring the Bright & Beautiful Suite! It’s been a while since I purchased a fun birthday suite, so the Bright & Beautiful Suite was perfect and it’s not just for birthdays, but anytime you want to give a celebratory card! I can see a lot of potential with the Beautiful Balloons Dies, you have numerous balloons die, two star dies, a paper garland die, and you can even make your own confetti! The coordinating Bright & Beautiful 6” x 6” DSP is super cute, and it combines all the new core colors, except for Pecan Pie, which is the perfect opportunity to play with these new and returning colors! My first card with this suite gives you a little bit of everything and how to make two cards from one sheet of the designer series paper, just changing two of the colors used!
To start, I first cut a ¾” strip off one side of the 6” x 6” DSP, put that aside to be used later, and cut the remaining piece in half so you have two base layers measuring 3” x 5 ¼”. For this card, I cut two 1” x 5 ¼” pieces of cardstock, one in Berry Burst and one in Misty Moonlight, and used my grid paper to help measure a ½” from the edge to secure the paper garland die to the cardstock with craft tape to die-cut the cardstock. For my other card, I did the same thing, but used Lemon Lolly and Azure Afternoon cardstocks, which I will show you at the end:
For the rest of the card front, you will need:
1. Use the smaller, long banner die from the Stylish Shapes Dies to die-cut out of the opposite side design ¾” x 6” strip of DSP, you will be able to die-cut two of these.
2. On Basic Gray cardstock, use the triangle-like shaped confetti stamp to stamp in Basic Gray ink, stamp the sentiment in Versamark ink and heat set with white embossing powder, and use the second from the smallest circle die from Stylish Shapes to die-cut out.
3. Use both star dies to die-cut out of silver from the Silver Foil Specialty Pack. *This may not be in the catalog, but you can still purchase it online.
4. Use the large balloon die to die-cut from Pretty Peacock cardstock and the small balloon die to die-cut one each from Misty Moonlight and Berry Burst cardstocks.
5. Using the silver side of the Gold Celebrations 12” x 12” Specialty DSP, place some adhesive sheet on the back and use the balloons dies to die-cut one large and two small balloons. You will remove the adhesive backing to adhere to the above die-cut balloons.
6. You will need one of each size of the Iridescent Rhinestone Basic Jewels, not pictured.
To assemble the card front, I used my grid paper to adhere with liquid glue to the Berry Burst cardstock paper garland a ½” up from the bottom of the Misty Moonlight cardstock paper garland, adhered this layered paper garland piece to the DSP base layer (trimming off the excess) so this completed piece measures 4” x 5 ¼”, using the cardstock paper garland to create the extra 1”, and adhering this completed piece to a Basic Gray cardstock card base, cut at 5 ½” x 8 ½” and scored at 4 ¼”. I adhered the die-cut banner to the cardstock paper garland, used a dimensional to adhere the die-cut sentiment, used dimensionals to adhere the die-cut balloons, adhered the die-cut stars to the DSP, and placed the Iridescent Rhinestones as shown:
For the inside, cut a piece of Basic White cardstock at 4” x 5 ¼”, stamp the sentiment in Berry Burst ink, one balloon in Lemon Lolly ink, the other balloon in Berry Burst ink, and the balloon tails in Basic Gray ink:
For the coordinating Basic White Medium Envelope, stamp the same balloon as the inside twice in Lemon Lolly ink, and the balloon tails in Basic Gray ink:
For the second card, I used Lemon Lolly and Azure Afternoon cardstock for the paper garland, stamped the inside sentiment in Azure Afternoon ink, the balloons in Azure Afternoon and Lemon Lolly inks, and stamped the balloons on the envelope in Lemon Lolly ink:
How cute is this card and the Bright & Beautiful Suite? Now, I know that the Gold Celebrations DSP does not show that there is a silver side, however, when you flip the gold side over, it is silver, which is a fun bonus! You can also get more use out of your Charming Sentiments Bundle with this suite, just to change things up!
Live in the USA? I would love to be your demonstrator! Contact me today to learn more about purchasing Stampin’ Up! products, hosting a party, joining my team or if you would like a complimentary catalog!
You can head over to my online store by clicking the Shop Now! button at the very top to see all available products.
I hope today’s project inspires you to get creative! Please contact me if you have any questions about the products used on this or any other project. I hope you enjoyed today’s blog and thanks for stopping by!