Hello and welcome to today’s blog post, which is a fun card featuring products from the By the Bay Suite, Seaside Bay stamp set, Seaside Bay Dies, By the Bay 6” x 6” Specialty Designer Series Paper, and Flat Adhesive-Backed Pearls! While I am taking a “tactical pause” from Valentine’s Day cards (I’ll start back up next week, there’s still time, lol), I really wanted to play with the By the Bay Bundle and if you know me, the By the Bay Suite was my #1 choice from the 2023 January – April Mini Catalog of must haves! While I adore the stamp set and coordinating dies, I LOVE the By the Bay DSP! When I first was looking through the mini catalog as saw this DSP, I knew that I could use this DSP beyond the Seaside Bay Bundle; Lighthouse Point, Friends are Like Seashells, Let’s Set Sail, Whale Done, and Sea Turtle, but O-M-G! The foiling on the DSP is awesome, especially the pearl foiling!! Since I need a special birthday card, this was the perfect opportunity to play with the stamp set, dies, and DSP to show you this gorgeous By the Bay Suite!
For this card, I used this design from the By the Bay DSP, that I cut down into a 4” x 5 ¼” piece for the card front base layer, a ¾” x 4” strip for the inside of the card, a 2” x 4” piece that I used the opposite side design and the largest rectangle Stitched Rectangle Die to custom die-cut around the edges for the stitching (basically lined the die up along one side to partially die-cut and then lined up to die-cut the other half), and I used the oyster die to die-cut out the pearl foil oyster from the DSP:
For the rest of the card front, you will need:
1. The 2” x 4” (which is now slightly smaller) stitched DSP.
2. Cut a 2 1/8” x 4 1/8” piece of Night of Navy cardstock to adhere under the above piece of DSP.
3. Stamp the clam on Sahara Sand cardstock in Gray Granite ink and use the coordinating die to die-cut out.
4. Using Pearlescent Specialty Paper, use Gray Granite ink to stamp the pearl, use the coordinating die to die-cut out, use the two large shells to die-cut out, use a Dark Crumb Cake Stampin’ Blends to color the embossed lines of the shell, and then I “dipped” the edges of the shell in Crumb Cake ink and used a towel to dry off.
5. Use both grass dies to die-cut one of each from Mint Macaron and Soft Sea Foam cardstocks.
6. Use the second from the smallest Layering Circle Die to die-cut from Night of Navy cardstock.
7. On Basic White cardstock, stamp the sentiment in Gray Granite ink and use the second from the smallest circle Stylish Shapes Die to die-cut out. This will be layered on the above Night of Navy circle die-cut.
8. Use the two small shell dies to die-cut from matte Rose Gold Specialty Paper.
9. The clam DSP die-cut.
10. You will need three of the small Flat Adhesive-Backed Pearls, not pictured.
To assemble the card front, adhere the small, layered panel to the DSP base layer, layer the grass die-cuts, adhere the pearl die-cut to the clam and adhere the clam to the panel, adhere the two large pearlescent shells on each side of the clam, the die-cut oyster behind the large die-cut grass, one small matte rose gold foil shell behind the clam, and use a dimensional to adhere the other matte rose gold foil shell as shown. I adhered the DSP base layer to a Gray Granite cardstock card base, cut at 5 ½” x 8 ½” and scored at 4 ¼”, adhered the layered die-cut sentiment and three flat pearls as shown:
For the inside of the card, cut a piece of Basic White cardstock at 4” x 5 ¼”, stamp the sentiment from Inspired Thoughts in Night of Navy ink, and adhere the ¾” x 4” strip of DSP along the bottom:
For the coordinating Basic White Medium Envelope, I kept it simple and stamped the clam in the corner with Gray Granite ink:
I just love how this first card from the By the Bay Suite turned out! I’m super excited to not only create with this suite, but pair the DSP with my other beach and nautical themed stamp sets! If you are one that likes when dies coordinate with DSP to die-cut shapes out, then this suite is for you!
Live in the USA? I would love to be your demonstrator! Contact me today to learn more about purchasing Stampin’ Up! products, hosting a party, joining my team or if you would like a complimentary catalog!
You can head over to my online store by clicking the Shop Now! button at the very top to see all available products.
I hope today’s project inspires you to get creative! Please contact me if you have any questions about the products used on this or any other project. I hope you enjoyed today’s blog and thanks for stopping by!