Hello and welcome to today’s card, which pairs the Forever Lovely stamp set from the Annual Catalog with the Best Dressed Designer Series Paper from the new 2020 Mini Catalog! Have you ever looked at a designer series paper design and thought, “That looks like very similar to a stamp set”? One of the designs from the Best Dress 6” x 6” DSP did just that with the Forever Lovely stamp set! So what better way to pair products together and give them a new look?
For this card, I used this design from the designer series paper. First cut a ¾” strip on one side, turn 90 degrees, and then cut at 4”, which will give you three pieces for this card, ¾” x 6”, 4” x 5 ¼”, and 2” x 5 ¼”. The base layer is the 4” x 5 ¼” piece of DSP:
For the card front, you will need:
1. On Whisper White cardstock, stamp the flower in Grapefruit Grove ink, cut out with the coordinating die, and place a 3mm Pearl Basic Jewel in the middle of each.
2. Use the large Stitched Label Die to cut out of Champagne Foil Sheet.
3. Use the multi flower die from Lovely Flowers to cut out of Purple Posy cardstock, use the 5mm Pearl Basic Jewel on the two larger flowers, and the 4mm Pearl Basic Jewel on the two smaller flowers.
4. Enough Mint Macaron Textile Ribbon to tie into a bow around the DSP base layer.
5. From Mint Macaron cardstock, use the Lovely Flowers leaf dies to cut out two of the small leaf and four of the larger leaf.
To assemble, use glue dots to adhere the small Purple Posy flowers in opposite corners, layer the three large flowers in the middle with the two bottom adhered to the foil sheet and one adhered with dimensionals, and place some adhesive on the back of the foil sheet to layer the leaves in opposite corners:
This completed piece is adhered to the DSP base layer with dimensionals and the ribbon is tied into a bow along the bottom:
This completed piece is adhered to a Mint Macaron cardstock card base, cut at 4 ¼” x 11”, and scored at 5 ½”:
For the inside, cut a piece of Whisper White cardstock at 4” x 5 ¼”, stamp the sentiment in Mint Macaron ink, and adhere the ¾” strip of DSP along the bottom, trimming off the excess:
Don’t you love it when you can coordinate new products with something you already have?? I love the pop of color with the Grapefruit Grove flowers and creating this soft color combo! Since this DSP is 6” x 6”, the remaining 2” x 5 ¼” can be used to adhere to your envelope flap (the die from Beautiful Layers works perfectly) or you can use it for another card! Since I don’t want to hold onto any scraps, this will be applied to the envelope flap!
Live in the USA? I would love to be your demonstrator! Contact me today to learn more about purchasing Stampin’ Up! products, hosting a party, joining my team or if you would like a complimentary catalog!
You can head over to my online store by clicking the Shop Now! button at the very top to see all available products.
I hope today’s project inspires you to get creative! Please contact me if you have any questions about the products used on this or any other project. I hope you enjoyed today’s blog and thanks for stopping by!