Hello and welcome to today’s card, which is another fun “Mix it up Monday” card featuring two product suites, Peaceful Poppies and Country Club! Don’t you just love it when you can get more out of your products suites to create a completely different card? This can give you the opportunity to combine different colors and textures! I really wanted to create a card with the Poppy Moment Dies outside of the color combinations from the suite and use a few items that are on the retirement list, so I thought the Rococo Rose, Petal Pink, and gray color combination would be perfect!
The base layer is Petal Pink cardstock, cut at 4” x 5 ¼”, and the next layer is this design from the Country Club DSP, cut at 3 ¾” x 5”:
For the rest of the card front, you will need:
1. Stamp the sentiment from Peaceful Moments in Rococo Rose ink on Whisper White cardstock and cut out with the smaller label die from Painted Labels Dies.
2. Stamp the small poppy stamp on Vellum cardstock in Whisper White Craft ink, heat emboss with White Embossing Powder, and cut out with the coordinating die.
3. For the leaves, use Basic Gray cardstock for the two bottom pieces and Smoky Slate for the two top pieces, these will be adhered together.
4. For the large poppy, use the Petal Pink Vellum cardstock for the large die, Rococo Rose cardstock for the petal outline, Petal Pink cardstock for the large stamen, and Rose Glimmer Paper for the small stamen.
5. You will need one each of the 4mm, 6mm, and 8mm In Color Faceted Dots, not pictured.
This is what the large poppy and two leaves will look like after adhering all the layers together with the Fine Tip Glue Pen:
Adhere the two base layers together, the leaves to the DSP layer, and use a dimensional (behind the poppy center) to adhere the large poppy:
I used a glue dot behind the center of the smaller poppies to adhere them to the DSP and then dimensionals for the sentiment piece:
This piece is then adhered to a Rococo Rose cardstock card base, cut at 5 ½” x 8 ½”, and scored at 4 ¼”, and then added the three Rococo Rose Faceted Dots:
For the inside, cut a piece of Whisper White cardstock at 4” x 5 ¼” and adhere a ¾” x 4” strip of DSP along the side:
Don’t you love how this card turned out? I love the color combination of Rococo Rose and Petal Pink! I chose not to use a sentiment for the inside of the card because it could really be used for a variety of occasions or you can leave it blank and simply write your note. The DSP, Faceted Dots, and Petal Pink Vellum Cardstock (Perennial Essence Vellum Cardstock) are all on the retirement list, so don’t forget, all products on the retirement list are only “while supplies last”!
Live in the USA? I would love to be your demonstrator! Contact me today to learn more about purchasing Stampin’ Up! products, hosting a party, joining my team or if you would like a complimentary catalog!
You can head over to my online store by clicking the Shop Now! button at the very top to see all available products.
I hope today’s project inspires you to get creative! Please contact me if you have any questions about the products used on this or any other project. I hope you enjoyed today’s blog and thanks for stopping by!