Hello and welcome to today’s blog post, which is a creative way to make your own Valentine’s Day card! When creating cards, sentiments are the first and foremost important thing, right? So, I looked through all of my current stamp sets to see if it would be possible to make a Valentine’s Day card with what I had and I was able to pull it off! Lol! I kind of did a “play on words” with the Create with Friends stamp set and the Heart Punch Pack for the card front and a lovely sentiment from the Through it Together stamp set. These are perfect for a non-romantic card to send out to family and friends!
The base layer for the card front is this design from the Pattern Party 12” x 12” DSP, cut at 4” x 5 ¼”:
For the rest of the card front, you will need:
1. Use the largest layering Stitched So Sweetly die to die-cut from this design from the Vellum Layering Designs.
2. Use the regular heart punch to punch out of Poppy Parade Ombre’ Specialty Paper.
3. Use the silver Simply Elegant Trim to wrap around your four fingers twice.
4. Use the Dark Poppy Parade Stampin’ Blends to color the two small and one large white Classic Matte Dots.
5. Cut a ½” x 5” piece of Basic White cardstock and then cut again in half (2 ½”). Use the Banner’s Pick a Punch to punch the top on the left side of one piece and the bottom on the right side of the other piece. I used my Stamparatus to stamp the two sentiments shown from Create with Friends in Poppy Parade ink.
Adhere the two sentiment strips to the punched heart as shown, trimming the excess that sticks out from the bottom piece. Use adhesive on the back of the heart piece to adhere the silver trim to the back, dimensionals to adhere this piece to the die-cut vellum, and place adhesive to the back of the vellum, where it is hidden by the heart piece, to adhere to the DSP base layer:
The base layer is adhered to a Thick Basic White cardstock card base, cut at 5 ½” x 8 ½” and scored at 4 ¼”, and then place the Poppy Parade dots as shown:
For the inside, cut a piece of Basic White cardstock at 4” x 5 ¼”, adhere a ¾” x 4” strip of DSP along the left side, and stamp the sentiment from Through it Together in Poppy Parade ink:
For the coordinating envelope, I made a mask with the heart punch and scrap paper to color in the negative in the corner of the envelope with a Blending Brush and Poppy Parade ink:
Simply, sweet, fun, and easy to make! Did you notice I used the new Vellum Layering Designs? If you missed it from the mini catalog (pg. 33), it comes with 12 (yes, 12!!) sheets of vellum in four designs in black and in white! Vellum is a great way to add a simple extra layer to your card front, but these are so much more fun to add!
Live in the USA? I would love to be your demonstrator! Contact me today to learn more about purchasing Stampin’ Up! products, hosting a party, joining my team or if you would like a complimentary catalog!
You can head over to my online store by clicking the Shop Now! button at the very top to see all available products.
I hope today’s project inspires you to get creative! Please contact me if you have any questions about the products used on this or any other project. I hope you enjoyed today’s blog and thanks for stopping by!