Hello and welcome to today’s blog post, which is a quick and easy card featuring the Whale Done stamp set, Pattern Party Designer Series Paper, Layering Circles Dies, and the Stripes & Splatters 3D Embossing Folder! It’s no surprise that the Pattern Party DSP was going to be included with the recent retirement list for the 2021-2022 Annual Catalog, one of the colors in this DSP is Misty Moonlight and that is part of the retiring 2020-2022 In Colors! I don’t know about you, but I’m sure going to miss Misty Moonlight! However, I am excited about the upcoming new 2022-2024 In Colors, Sweet Sorbet, Parakeet Party, Tahitian Tide, Starry Sky, and Orchid Oasis! Since I need to use up all of this retiring DSP, this card is great for any occasion, you just need to choose your sentiment for the inside!
The base layer for the card front is this design from the Pattern Party DSP, cut at 4” x 5 ¼”:
For the rest of the card front, you will need:
1. On Basic White cardstock, stamp the turtle from Whale Done in Granny Apple Green ink, stamp the bubbles stamp in Pool Party ink, and use the fourth largest Layering Circles Die to die-cut out.
2. Use the second smallest Layering Circles Die to die-cut one each from Misty Moonlight and Pale Papaya cardstocks, then emboss using the Splatters 3D Embossing Folder.
3. Use the third smallest Layering Circles Die to die-cut one each from Pool Party and Granny Apple Green cardstocks, then emboss using the Splatters 3D Embossing Folder.
4. You will need enough of the Pool Party Sheer Ribbon to tie around the base layer DSP into a knot.
5. You will need one of each color of the Faux Sea Glass Shapes, not pictured.
I first tied the sheer ribbon around the DSP base layer into a knot, adhered the embossed die-cut circles in a “C” shape, using the debossed side of the die-cut circles, dimensionals are used to adhere the stamped Basic White die-cut circle in the middle and place the Faux Sea Glass Shapes as shown. This completed piece is adhered to a Pool Party cardstock card base, cut at 4 ¼” x 11” and scored at 5 ½”:
For the inside, cut a piece of Basic White cardstock at 4” x 5 ¼”, stamp the sentiment in Coastal Cabana ink, the little fish stamp in Pool Party ink, and cut a ¾” x 4” strip of the DSP to adhere along the bottom:
For the coordinating Basic White Medium Envelope, stamp the small seaweed stamp in Garden Green ink and the little fish stamp in Pool Party ink:
What a great way to give a favorite stamp set a new look! The Stripes & Splatters 3D Embossing Folders are my favorite new embossing folders from the 2022 JJ Mini Catalog and I love how using the debossed side of the cardstock looks like water, tying into the Whale Done stamp set! Don’t forget, all products that are on the Annual Catalog retirement list are while supplies last! So don’t delay and head on over to my online store before they are gone FOREVER! lol
Live in the USA? I would love to be your demonstrator! Contact me today to learn more about purchasing Stampin’ Up! products, hosting a party, joining my team or if you would like a complimentary catalog!
You can head over to my online store by clicking the Shop Now! button at the very top to see all available products.
I hope today’s project inspires you to get creative! Please contact me if you have any questions about the products used on this or any other project. I hope you enjoyed today’s blog and thanks for stopping by!