Hello and welcome to today’s card, which is a bright and shiny thank you card featuring the Noble Peacock Suite! Even though this suite (except the ribbon) is on the retirement list and will not carry over to the 2020-2021 Annual Catalog, I thought I would try to squeeze at least one more card in! It’s no surprise that the foil paper and rhinestones would retire since they have Blueberry Bushel in them (this is a retiring In Color), but I was surprised to see the stamp set and dies on the list too! This is a fun and easy card to make, but what makes it stand out is the beautiful foil sheets!
The base layer is Whisper White cardstock, cut at 4” x 5 ¼”, and is embossed with the Beads & Baubles Embossing Folder:
For the rest of the card front, you will need:
1. Stamp the sentiment from Butterfly Gala on Whisper White cardstock in Pretty Peacock ink and then cut out with the smallest oval from the Layering Oval Dies.
2. Use the second smallest oval from the Stitched Shapes Dies to cut out a piece of Pretty Peacock cardstock, this will be layered under the oval sentiment.
3. Cut about a 4 ½” piece of Old Olive/Pretty Peacock Reversible Ribbon, you will use the Pretty Peacock side of the ribbon.
4. Use the peacock feather die to cut out two piece each out of the Pretty Peacock and Blueberry Bushel Foil Sheets.
5. Use the three “leaf” dies to cut one each from the Old Olive Foil Sheets.
6. Four of the Gorgeous Grape rhinestones from the Noble Peacock Rhinestones (not pictured).
To assemble the card front, adhere the ribbon across the middle of the embossed base layer, use a glue dot to adhere the Pretty Peacock foil feather on top of the Blueberry Bushel foil feather, and another glue to adhere the Old Olive foil leaf on top:
You will repeat this process for the feathers/leaf below:
I used one more glue dot to adhere the remaining “leaf” across the ribbon and used two dimensionals to adhere the layered sentiment:
This completed piece is adhered to a Pretty Peacock cardstock card base, cut at 4 ¼” x 11” and scored at 5 ½”, and you will place the Gorgeous Grape rhinestones in the middle of the “eye” of the feather:
For the inside, cut a piece of Whisper White cardstock at 4” x 5 ¼” and stamp the sentiment and flowers in Pretty Peacock ink:
Isn’t this a beautiful card?? You could easily change the sentiments for any occasion! I’m definitely going to miss these foil sheets and rhinestones!! Don’t forget, all products on the retirement list are only “while supplies last”!
Live in the USA? I would love to be your demonstrator! Contact me today to learn more about purchasing Stampin’ Up! products, hosting a party, joining my team or if you would like a complimentary catalog!
You can head over to my online store by clicking the Shop Now! button at the very top to see all available products.
I hope today’s project inspires you to get creative! Please contact me if you have any questions about the products used on this or any other project. I hope you enjoyed today’s blog and thanks for stopping by!