Hello and welcome to today’s blog post, which features the Dandy Designs 12” x 12” Designer Series Paper and the Paradise Palms stamp set! Even though Sale-A-Bration ended yesterday (hopefully you didn’t miss out!!), that doesn’t mean the inspiration has to end! For today’s card, I chose a Mango Melody pattern from the Dandy Designs DSP because Mango Melody is out of my comfort zone when it comes to using such a solid and bold color and this design is perfect for me to put my “crafty hat” on to design a card. Now, I do love the color combination of Mango Melody and Night of Navy, so it was just a matter of finding other colors that I thought would pair nicely along with the Paradise Palms stamp set. I decided to keep this card a little bit simpler since my previous post had A LOT of die-cutting! Plus, this was the perfect opportunity to use the new Small Blending Brushes!
The base layer for the card front is this design from the Dandy Designs DSP, cut at 4” x 5 ¼”. I cut the whole sheet down into six 4” x 5 ¼” base layers and six ¾” x 4” strips for the inside of the card, making six of these cards:
For the rest of the card front, you will need:
1. Cut a 3 ½” x 3 ½” piece of Night of Navy cardstock.
2. Cut a 3 ¼” x 3 ¼” piece of Sahara Sand cardstock and emboss with the Stripes 3D Embossing Folder.
3. Cut a 3” x 3” piece of Very Vanilla cardstock, use Small Blending Brushes to color in Mango Melody (top), Daffodil Delight (middle), and Sahara Sand (bottom) inks, stamp the cloud/ground cover stamp along the bottom in Sahara Sand ink, and stamp the palm tree trio stamp in Night of Navy ink. All three of these cut pieces will be layered together.
4. On Very Vanilla cardstock, stamp the sentiment in Versamark ink, heat emboss with gold embossing powder, and punch out with the small oval from the Double Oval Punch.
5. Use the large, scalloped oval from the Double Oval Punch to punch out of gold foil, this will be layered under the above sentiment piece.
6. You will need enough of the Night of Navy Bordered Ribbon to go across the DSP base layer and adhere the ends to the backside.
7. You will need two 4mm and one 5mm Matte Black Dots, not pictured.
To assemble the card, first adhere the ribbon across the middle of the DSP base layer, adhere the triple layer square as shown over the ribbon, use dimensionals to adhere the layered oval piece, place the Matte Black Dots as shown (small, large, small), and this completed piece is adhered to a Night of Navy cardstock card base, cut at 5 ½” x 8 ½” and scored at 4 ¼”:
For the inside of the card, cut a piece of Very Vanilla cardstock at 4” x 5 ¼”, adhere the ¾” x 4” strip of DSP to the left side, and stamp your sentiment in Night of Navy ink:
For the coordinating Very Vanilla Medium Envelope, use the palm trio stamp to stamp in the corner with Night of Navy ink:
Not only is this card quick and easy, but it’s also a great way to use up your Dandy Designs DSP and give a new look to a favorite stamp set from the annual catalog! With the color combination I used for this card, these can also be used to stock up on your “masculine” themed cards!!
Live in the USA? I would love to be your demonstrator! Contact me today to learn more about purchasing Stampin’ Up! products, hosting a party, joining my team or if you would like a complimentary catalog!
You can head over to my online store by clicking the Shop Now! button at the very top to see all available products.
I hope today’s project inspires you to get creative! Please contact me if you have any questions about the products used on this or any other project. I hope you enjoyed today’s blog and thanks for stopping by!