Hello and welcome to today’s card, which is a fun and quick card featuring the Come Sail Away Suite! I just love the sentiments from the Come Sail Away stamp set and the sentiment I chose for today’s card is really a versatile and could be used for several occasions. I thought it would also be fun to incorporate the net die from Under the Sea to give the card front just a little added texture!
The base layer is this design from the Come Sail Away DSP, cut at 4” x 5 ¼”:
Additionally, for the card front you will need:
1. Stamp the lighthouse in Night of Navy ink on Whisper White cardstock and cut out with the coordinating die.
2. Use the net die from Under the Sea on Sahara Sand cardstock.
3. Stamp the compass in Night of Navy ink on Whisper White cardstock and cut out with the 1 ½” Circle Punch.
3. Stamp the sentiment in Sahara Sand ink on Whisper White cardstock and punch out with the 1 ½” Circle Punch.
4. Use the sentiment die from Smooth Sailing to cut out a piece in Night of Navy cardstock.
5. Use Silver Foil to cut out the two compass direction arrows.
6. One silver brad in the smallest size.
Layer the two compass arrows together with the Fine Tip Glue Pen and then use the pierce end of the Take You Pick tool to poke a hole in the middle (for your brad) on your pierce mat:
I used my Fine Tip Glue Pen to place glue on certain spots along the back of the net to adhere to the base layer:
I then used my Multipurpose Glue to adhere the compass and lighthouse on top of the net. The sentiment is adhered to the layering piece and then adhered with dimensionals:
The base layer is then adhered to a Seaside Spray cardstock card base, cut at 4 ¼” x 11”, and scored at 5 ½”. At this point I felt that something should be added, so I used the Night of Navy/Sahara Sand Baker’s twine for the bow. I used 18” of twine, folded into three 6” pieces, tied into a bow, trimmed the ends, and adhered with Multipurpose Glue:
The inside is Whisper White cardstock, cut at 4” x 5 ¼”, and I adhered a ¾” x 4” of coordinating cardstock along the bottom:
Since this is what I consider a versatile card, I opted not to include an inside sentiment at this time, but save for I choose to use it for. This really is a simple card to make, but I feel that the compass arrows in silver foil, the silver brad, and bow give it just a little extra touch!
Live in the USA? I would love to be your demonstrator! Contact me today to learn more about purchasing Stampin’Up! products, hosting a party, joining my team or if you would like a complimentary catalog!
You can head over to my online store by clicking the Shop Now! button at the very top to see all available products.
I hope today’s project inspires you to get creative! Please contact me if you have any questions about the products used on this or any other project. I hope you enjoyed today’s blog and thanks for stopping by!