Hello and welcome to today’s blog post, which is a sweet Valentine’s Day card featuring the Simply Marbleous 6” x 6” DSP and the Heart Punch Pack! Since I am trying to refrain (can anyone really refrain when it comes to craft supplies??) from new products for Valentine’s Day this year and utilize what I have, I designed today’s card with that in mind. I dusted off my stamp sets and dies from the last couple of years to see what I could create with current products as well. The Simply Marbleous DSP is perfect because you get 8 double sided sheets of 6 designs, so you can easily make eight cards for Valentine’s Day!
The base layer is this design from the Simply Marbleous DSP, cut at 4” x 5 ¼”. I cut the 6” x 6” DSP by first cutting a ¾” strip off one end (this will be for the inside) and then cutting the 6” x 5 ¼” piece at 4” along the 6” side. The 2” x 5 ¼” piece will be used with the heart punch:
For the rest of the card front, you will need:
1. Using the scalloped heart punch, punch out two pieces from vellum cardstock.
2. Using the smaller heart punch, punch out two pieces from the DSP and one from Basic White cardstock, embossing with the stripes embossing folder from the Stripes & Splatters 3D Embossing Folders. Put one of the punched DSP hearts to the side (this will be used for your envelope) and use the opposite side design of the DSP for the other punched heart. The above punched vellum hearts will be adhered behind these to punched hearts.
3. Cut a 1” x 6 ½” piece of Mist Moonlight cardstock, place some adhesive sheet on the back, and use the long heart die from Many Heart Dies (retired) to die-cut out.
4. Place some adhesive sheet on the back of Silver Foil Sheet to use the butterfly die from Many Hearts Dies (retired) to die-cut three butterflies out.
5. You will need four 3mm Rhinestone Basic Jewels, not pictured.
I first removed the adhesive backing from the die-cut hearts to adhere across the middle of the DSP base layer, adhered the base layer to a Smoky Slate cardstock card base, cut at 5 ½” x 8 ½” and scored at 4 ¼”, and snipped off the ends of the die-cut hearts. I then adhered the layered punched hearts, die-cut butterflies, and rhinestones as shown:
For the inside, cut a piece of Basic White cardstock at 4” x 5 ¼”, adhere the ¾” strip of DSP along the bottom and snip off the excess, and the sentiment from Forever Lovely (retired) is stamped in Blushing Bride ink:
For the coordinating envelope, I glued the second punched heart from the DSP in the corner:
Isn’t this a sweet card using current and retired supplies?? Even if you do not have the Many Heart Dies, you can easily substitute with what you do have, even the Sweet Conversations Bundle! Since the Simply Marbleous DSP is only available during Sale-A-Bration for free with a $50(USD) product purchase, you don’t want to wait to get this!!
Live in the USA? I would love to be your demonstrator! Contact me today to learn more about purchasing Stampin’ Up! products, hosting a party, joining my team or if you would like a complimentary catalog!
You can head over to my online store by clicking the Shop Now! button at the very top to see all available products.
I hope today’s project inspires you to get creative! Please contact me if you have any questions about the products used on this or any other project. I hope you enjoyed today’s blog and thanks for stopping by!