Hello and welcome to today’s blog post, which is a cute Valentine’s Day card featuring the new Country Bouquet Bundle, Dandy Designs 12” x 12” Designer Series Paper, and the Happy Labels Pick a Punch! If you are like me and like to send Valentine’s Day cards to friends a family, pairing the Country Bouquet Bundle with the Dandy Designs DSP is perfect! Since you can earn the Dandy Designs DSP for FREE right now during Sale-A-Bration, it’s even better! With the 4 each of 12 double sided designs, that means you get 48 sheets of designer series paper!! Even if there are only a few products from the new mini catalog that you want to purchase, you can also use this opportunity to replenish your regular supplies that you used up from your holiday cards and crafts. I can easily see Valentine’s Day, Easter, Mother’s Day, and Father’s Day cards with the Dandy Designs DSP, which is a “win-win” for me having a variety of DSP from one pack. I also thought this would be the perfect opportunity to show you the new Happy Labels Pick a Punch, which you have a scalloped side and a notched side, each having a ½”, ¾”, and 1” slot to punch the ends of your sentiment, cardstock, and DSP strips!
The base layer for the card front is this design from the Dandy Designs DSP, cut into six 4” x 5 ¼” base layers and six ¾” x 4” strips for the inside of the card:
For the rest of the card front, you will need:
1. Use the third from the smallest Layering Diorama die to die-cut from Vellum cardstock.
2. Stamp the sentiment from Country Bouquet on a ½” x 3” piece of Basic White cardstock (you can use your Stamparatus) in Fresh Freesia ink and use the notched side of the Happy Labels Pick a Punch to punch each end.
3. Cut a ¾” x 3 ½” piece of Gray Granite cardstock and use the notched side of the Happy Labels Pick a Punch to punch each end. This will be layered under the above sentiment.
4. I first made a template with the Country Bouquet Punch out of cardstock so I could use my Stamparatus to line up the double heart stamp and leaves stamp for easy punching out of cardstock. On Basic White cardstock, I stamped the double heart stamp in Petal Pink ink three times, Fresh Freesia ink three times, and the leaves stamp in Pear Pizzazz ink, then punched out. Since I am making six cards, I paired the three large Petal Pink hearts with three small Fresh Freesia hearts and vice-versa, which I will show you the alternative card at the end.
5. You will need about 3” of the Metallic Edge Cotton Ribbon.
6. You will need three of the 6mm Iridescent Rhinestone Basic Jewels, not pictured.
To assemble the card front, adhere the two leaves to the back of the large heart as shown, the small heart in front of the large heart as shown, and fold the ribbon in half to adhere to the back of the large heart as shown. Use dimensionals to adhere this piece to the Vellum die-cut, place adhesive on the backside of the Vellum hiding it behind the hearts and ribbon to adhere to the DSP base layer, adhere the layered sentiment as shown (I placed the top of the sentiment long the bottom of the vellum to help keep in place, place the three iridescent rhinestones as shown (one is placed at the top of the vellum to help keep in place), and this completed piece is adhered to a Gray Granite cardstock card base, cut at 4 ¼” x 11” and scored at 5 ½”:
For the inside, cut a piece of Basic White cardstock at 4” x 5 ¼”, stamp the sentiment in Fresh Freesia ink, and adhere the ¾” x 4” strip of DSP along the bottom:
For the coordinating Basic White Medium Envelope, I stamped the outline heart stamp in Petal Pink ink and the double solid heart stamp in the middle in Fresh Freesia ink:
Here is the alternative card, everything is the same except the large heart is Fresh Freesia and the small heart is Petal Pink:
I just love these adorable Valentine’s Day cards! I really tried to keep this as easy as possible, but I just help myself with doing a little die-cutting, lol! If you don’t want to die-cut or have the Layering Diorama Dies, you could easily cut a piece of Vellum cardstock, 4” c 2 ¾” or 4 ¼” x 3” would be perfect. Don’t forget, Sale-A-Bration is now thru February 28th and only while supplies last!
Live in the USA? I would love to be your demonstrator! Contact me today to learn more about purchasing Stampin’ Up! products, hosting a party, joining my team or if you would like a complimentary catalog!
You can head over to my online store by clicking the Shop Now! button at the very top to see all available products.
I hope today’s project inspires you to get creative! Please contact me if you have any questions about the products used on this or any other project. I hope you enjoyed today’s blog and thanks for stopping by!