Hello and welcome to today’s blog post, which is an adorable baby card featuring the Hippest Hippos stamp set and Charming Sentiments Bundle! It’s not very often I make, or need to make, a baby card and I have several retired sets for this, but why not make an updated version with the Hippest Hippos? The Charming Sentiments Bundle has many wonderful sentiments, including ones for a baby card. The one I am making today is specifically for a baby boy baby shower and I chose to use Tahitian Tide as my main color, with pops of Parakeet Party and Silver Foil! It’s been some time since I needed a baby/baby shower card, so this is the perfect opportunity to share with you an alternative idea with the Hippest Hippos stamp set!
There are two layers for the card front, the base layer is Basic White cardstock, cut at 4” x 5 ¼”, and the second layer is this design in Tahitian Tide from the 2022-2024 In Colors 6” x 6” DSP cut at 3 ¾” x 5”:
For the rest of the card front, you will need:
1. On Basic White cardstock, stamp each of the hippos in Memento ink and use the second from the smallest square Stylish Shapes Die to die-cut out just the upper half each hippo. The bodies are colored in with Light Gray Granite and Natural Tones 900 Stampin’ Blends, the fingers with Ivory Stampin’ Blends, mouth and flower with Light Calypso Coral Stampin’ Blends, and the flower leaf with Dark Soft Sea Foam Stampin’ Blends.
2. Use the third from the smallest (or the middle) square Stylish Shapes Die to die-cut three pieces from Tahitian Tide cardstock, these will be layered under the above die-cut squares.
3. On Basic White cardstock, stamp the sentiment in Parakeet Party ink and use the coordinating die to die-cut out.
4. Use the mirror finish Silver Foil Specialty Paper to die-cut out two of the shooting star tail.
5. I used both star dies to die-cut from Basic White and Parakeet Party cardstock, the large die-cut stars will be layered, Basic White on Parakeet Party and Parakeet Party on Basic White.
To assemble the card, I adhered the cardstock and DSP layers together, adhered one die-cut layered hippo in the upper left corner, one in the bottom left corner, and used dimensionals to adhere the third in the middle on the right side. I used liquid glue to adhere the two layered stars together and then adheres the shooting star tails, the two large stars, and the two small stars as shown. The die-cut sentiment is adhered with mini dimensionals that I cut in half, and this completed piece is adhered to a Tahitian Tide cardstock card base, cut at 4 ¼” x 11” and scored at 5 ½”:
For the inside, cut a piece of Basic White cardstock at 4” x 5 ¼”, stamp the sentiment in Parakeet Party ink, and use the small triple heart die from the Hippo Dies to die-cut from Tahitian Tide cardstock and adhere as shown:
For the coordinating Basic White Medium Envelope, stamp the hippo in Memento ink on the front and adhere the 2 ¼” x 6” piece of DSP to the envelope flap, trimming off the excess:
Isn’t this an adorable baby card?? With the basic layout of the cardstock, DSP, and die-cut squares, you can substitute for any color/design DSP and use the flower and/or heart dies from either of the Hippo Dies or Sentiment Silhouettes! The color combination of Tahitian Tide and Parakeet Party is a great new color combo for masculine themed cards!
Live in the USA? I would love to be your demonstrator! Contact me today to learn more about purchasing Stampin’ Up! products, hosting a party, joining my team or if you would like a complimentary catalog!
You can head over to my online store by clicking the Shop Now! button at the very top to see all available products.
I hope today’s project inspires you to get creative! Please contact me if you have any questions about the products used on this or any other project. I hope you enjoyed today’s blog and thanks for stopping by!