Hello and welcome to today’s card, which is a quick and easy card made from the Come to Gather Suite! I can honestly say that Stampin’ Up! hit it out of the park with the Come to Gather Suite for your fall themed cards and projects! I just love the rich jeweled toned colors used for the Designer Series Paper! Since this DSP is 12” x 12” and has 12 sheets (2 each of 6 double sided designs), you can use this one design of DSP to create 6 quick and easy cards!
The base layer is this design, cut at 4” x 5 ¼”:
For the card front you will need:
1. 2 pieces of Gold Shimmer Ribbon, each piece long enough to go across the DSP, horizontal and vertical.
2. Stamp the sentiment in Merry Merlot ink on Very Vanilla cardstock, use the second smallest rectangle die from the Stitched Rectangle Dies to cut out, and then use the background stamp in Sahara Sand ink to fill in.
3. Use the smallest leaf die to cut out of Gold Foil, Cajun Craze, and Merry Merlot cardstock. Before cutting, spritz the Cajun Craze and Merry Merlot cardstock with Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint (a spritzer filled with Rubbing Alcohol and a few drops of paint).
First start assembling the card front with the ribbon, use your grid paper to help keep the lines straight, use a small bit of snail on the back of the ribbon to adhere to the DSP, and then on the back of the DSP to adhere the ends of the ribbon:
The sentiment is adhered on top of the ribbon and then the leaves are adhered to the corner of the sentiment, fanning them out, but keeping the “stems” lined up:
This piece is then adhered to a Sahara Sand cardstock card base, cut at 5 ½” x 8 ½”, and scored at 4 ¼”. I added a large Gold Glitter Enamel Dot to the middle of where the stems meet:
For the inside sentiment, cut at piece of Very Vanilla cardstock at 4” x 5 ¼”, use the leaf stamp in Sahara Sand ink, stamp the sentiment in Merry Merlot ink, and then adhere a coordinating strip of DSP along the bottom, ¾” x 4”:
Isn’t this a great fall themed card?? I chose these sentiments because you can send a card to let the recipient know that you are thinking of them, for a variety of reasons, birthday, Thanksgiving, etc. With this simple layout, you can make 6 of these cards by cutting your 12” x 12” DSP like this:
1. Figure out the direction (if it matters) you want your DSP-horizontal or vertical, then cut 1 ½” off the bottom. Measurement: 1 ½” x 12” and 10 ½” x 12”.
2. Take the 10 ½” x 12” piece of DSP and cut at 4” along the 12” side of the DSP. Measurement: 4” x 10 ½” and 8” x 10 ½”.
3. Take that 4” x 10 ½” and cut it in half along the 10 ½” side. This will give you two pieces measuring 4” x 5 ¼”.
4. Repeat on the 8” x 10 ½” piece of DSP, cutting at 4”, and then at 5 ¼”. You will have six pieces of DSP measuring 4” x 5 ¼”.
5. Cut at 1 ½” x 12” strip of DSP at 4”, giving your three pieces measuring 1 ½” x 4”.
5. Cut the 1 ½” x 4” piece in half along the 1 ½” side, this will give you two pieces measuring ¾” x 4”. Repeat this step on the rest of the strips and you will have six pieces measuring ¾” x 4”.
This basic cut is a great way to use up that DSP (no more hoarding!) and you can dress the card front up or down with other products (punches, dies, ribbon, embellishments) without trying to figure out how to use up a whole bunch of little pieces! You can even take two of the base layers, cut them each diagonally, and use each side of the DSP design! Even easier is to use one piece and measure a cut across and flip one side over! So many easy possibilities!!
Live in the USA? I would love to be your demonstrator! Contact me today to learn more about purchasing Stampin’ Up! products, hosting a party, joining my team or if you would like a complimentary catalog!
You can head over to my online store by clicking the Shop Now! button at the very top to see all available products.
I hope today’s project inspires you to get creative! Please contact me if you have any questions about the products used on this or any other project. I hope you enjoyed today’s blog and thanks for stopping by!