Hello and welcome to today’s card, which is a bright and shimmery Thanksgiving card! I recently shared a card that I used the Celestial Copper Metallic Ink on the Gathered Leaves Dies when embossing/cutting the leaves and I wanted to make another card, but this time with the Golden Glitz Metallic Ink and the Nature’s Roots Dies. What better way to make a stunning card than with some foil and shimmery ink?
The base layer is this design from the Noble Peacock Specialty DSP, cut at 4” x 5 ¼” (horizontal cut):
For the card front you will need:
1. 5 ¼” piece of Burlap Ribbon.
2. On Very Vanilla cardstock, stamp the sentiment in Golden Glitz Metallic Ink and cut out with the second largest square from the Stitched Shapes Framelits.
3. On Old Olive cardstock, stamped the branch stamp in Mossy Meadow ink two times, cut out with the coordinating die, and then cut out two more pieces from the Gold Foil Sheets.
4. Use the small leaf embossing and cutting dies to cut two leaves from the Gold Foil Sheets. Tip-if you did not know, the embossing and cutting dies layer together so you cut and emboss at the same time.
5. Use the large leaf embossing and cutting dies to cut out one each of Terracotta Tile and Merry Merlot cardstocks. Before cutting/embossing, ink up the embossing leaf in Golden Glitz Metallic Ink, there will be enough ink for both leaves. Tip-To keep the embossing die and cutting die in place, use a post it note or a small piece of masking/painters tape over both dies when placing on top of the cardstock:
To assemble the leaves and branches, use glue dots to layer the branches and then to adhere the branches to the cardstock leaves:
Use Tear & Tape to adhere the Burlap Ribbon to the DSP, adhere the Stitched Shapes square in the middle with dimensionals, and then use glue dots to adhere the leaves around the sentiment:
This completed piece is adhered to a Crumb Cake cardstock card base, cut at 5 ½” x 8 ½”, and scored at 4 ¼”:
For the inside sentiment, cut a piece of Very Vanilla cardstock at 4” x 5 ¼”, stamp the sentiment in Mossy Meadow ink, stamp the large leaf in Terracotta Tile and Merry Merlot inks, and stamp the small leaf twice in Golden Glitz Metallic Ink:
This is another beautiful Thanksgiving card made with products from the Annual Catalog, aside from the metallic ink! I just love the added detail to the leaves with the metallic ink and clean-up is a snap, just rinse the die with water in the sink and dry thoroughly.
Live in the USA? I would love to be your demonstrator! Contact me today to learn more about purchasing Stampin’ Up! products, hosting a party, joining my team or if you would like a complimentary catalog!
You can head over to my online store by clicking the Shop Now! button at the very top to see all available products.
I hope today’s project inspires you to get creative! Please contact me if you have any questions about the products used on this or any other project. I hope you enjoyed today’s blog and thanks for stopping by!