Hello and welcome to today’s blog post, which is a beautiful card featuring the Forever Fern Bundle and the Gilded Autumn Specialty DSP! How fun is it when you combine your favorite stamp set and coordinating dies with holiday DSP? While the Forever Greenery Suite has beautiful coordinating DSP, why not create a different look with the stamps and dies by combining them with some beautiful specialty paper for a fall themed card? Then just add a hint of the Brushed Metallic Cardstock! This quick and easy card is made with products that you probably already have on hand!
The base layer is this design from the Gilded Autumn DSP, cut at 4” x 5 ¼”:
For the card front, you will need:
1. Using the opposite side design of the base layer, I cut a 4” x 5 ¼” piece in half at 2 5/8” (along the 5 ¼” side).
2. Cut two pieces of the gold Brushed Metallic Cardstock at ½” x 4”.
3. Use the Very Vanilla Scalloped Lace Trim to tie into a bow.
4. Use the largest branch die from Forever Flourishing Dies to cut out of Vellum cardstock.
5. Use the next size down branch die from Forever Flourishing Dies to cut out of Merry Merlot cardstock.
6. Stamp the two small branch stamps once each on Very Vanilla cardstock in Mossy Meadow ink and cut out with the coordinating dies.
7. You will need three 3mm Champagne Rhinestone Jewels, not shown.
The strips of brush gold cardstock will be adhered along the top and bottom of the DSP piece, I used my grid paper to help adhere the brushed gold cardstock at ¼” from the edge of the DSP:
I used a small piece of adhesive to adhere the Vellum and Merry Merlot die-cuts, glue dots to adhere the leaves on top, and another glue dot for the lace bow:
This completed piece is adhered to the DSP base layer as shown:
The base layer is adhered to an Early Espresso cardstock card base, cut at 4 ¼” x 11”, and scored at 5 ½”. The Champagne Rhinestone Jewels are placed as shown:
For the inside, cut a piece of Very Vanilla cardstock at 4” x 5 ¼”, stamp the sentiment from Forever Fern in Merry Merlot ink, and adhere a ¾” x 4” strip of the DSP along the bottom:
The colors in this card are so elegant and using Vellum cardstock and lace ribbon just make this card so soft and beautiful! Since I cut up the whole 12” x 12” piece of DSP into six 4” x 5 ¼” base layers and six ¾” x 4” strips, so I was able to make four of these cards, with two of the ¾” strips left over to use for another card!
Live in the USA? I would love to be your demonstrator! Contact me today to learn more about purchasing Stampin’ Up! products, hosting a party, joining my team or if you would like a complimentary catalog!
You can head over to my online store by clicking the Shop Now! button at the very top to see all available products.
I hope today’s project inspires you to get creative! Please contact me if you have any questions about the products used on this or any other project. I hope you enjoyed today’s blog and thanks for stopping by!