Hello and welcome to today’s blog post, which is a fun and festive New Year’s card featuring the Festive Foils Designer Series Paper and the Alphabest Bundle! This card was inspired by my New Year’s card from last year, however, I did bring out a couple of retired products, the Balloon Banquet Punch and Heartfelt stamp set! I always need a couple of cards to hand out after Christmas, and a New Year’s card is perfect because you can still wish someone a happy holiday season! This card is super quick and easy to make because there is no die-cutting, only punches!
The base layer for the card front is this design from the Festive Foils DSP, cut at 4” x 5 ¼”, and you will also need a ¾” x 4” strip for the inside of the card:
For the rest of the card front, you will need:
1. On Basic White cardstock, stamp the numbers from Alphabest in Memento ink, use the outline stamp to heat emboss with gold embossing powder, and use the coordinating Best Label Punch to punch out. For the numbers 2 and 3, I stamped the 2 over the 3, and used the outline stamp to make it look like the 3 is rolling into place.
2. Cut a ¾” strip of Basic Black cardstock, use the Banners Pick a Punch to flag the end, and then cut a 1 ¼” from the flag end. You will need four of these, one to layer under each of the above numbers.
3. Use the Balloon Bouquet Punch to punch out of Gold Foil Sheet.
4. Use the Balloon Bouquet Punch to punch out of Basic Black cardstock and use the stars stamp from Alphabest to heat emboss with gold embossing powder.
5. You will need two pieces of gold trim from Simply Elegant and two pieces of black baker’s twine from Baker’s Twine Essentials Pack.
I first started by adhering the numbers to the Basic Black cardstock banner pieces and used a glue dot to adhere the gold trim to the back of the Basic Black cardstock balloons and black baker’s twine to the gold foil balloons. I found it easier to first adhere the balloons to the base layer cardstock (use a dimensional for the large balloons), placed a little bit of liquid glue on the black baker’s twine to adhere to the cardstock base layer and trim off the extra, used dimensionals to adhere the banner numbers centered, wrapping the trim around the numbers, and trimming off any excess. I was trying to make it look like the balloon strings are floating around. This completed card front base layer is adhered to a Basic Black cardstock card base, cut at 5 ½” x 8 ½” and scored at 4 ¼”:
For the inside, cut a piece of Basic White cardstock at 4” x 5 ¼”, adhere the ¾” x 4” strip of DSP to the left side and placed the two stamps from Heartfelt on one block to stamp in Memento ink:
For the coordinating Basic White Medium Envelope, I used the star stamp again to heat emboss with gold embossing powder:
Quick and easy card for the New Year! Don’t have the Balloon Bouquet Punch? You can easily substitute with circle punches or dies! Another perfect use for this card would be for a graduation card, just change the colors used! This will probably be my last blog post for the year, so I hope you have a safe and happy New Year! Since the new 2023 January – June Mini Catalog does not go live until January 5th and will not be placing my order until then, I will be sharing card making inspiration from leftover 2022 July – December Mini Catalog with the annual catalog! Cheers my friends!!
Live in the USA? I would love to be your demonstrator! Contact me today to learn more about purchasing Stampin’ Up! products, hosting a party, joining my team or if you would like a complimentary catalog!
You can head over to my online store by clicking the Shop Now! button at the very top to see all available products.
I hope today’s project inspires you to get creative! Please contact me if you have any questions about the products used on this or any other project. I hope you enjoyed today’s blog and thanks for stopping by!