Hello and welcome to today’s blog post, which is my final card for the “week of leftovers”! I chose to pair one last design from the Peaceful Place DSP with the Nothing’s Better Than stamp set and coordinating Love You More Than dies for a super cute and easy to make card! Since the DSP colors of the base layer are Smoky Slate and Basic White, this was the perfect opportunity to pair it with Fresh Freesia, an In Color that I have hardly even used. I also brought out just a couple of my Stampin’ Blends to color the “chocolates”, which is great for those of you that are still a little intimidated with coloring with blends (me included!), to have a little fun with them. Since I do not have the Fresh Freesia Stampin’ Blends, I used Highland Heather, with pairs nicely, and I was able to use up almost all of my Highland Heather Cute Stars Adhesive Backed Sequins, which was also a big plus!
For the base layer, I used this design from the Peaceful Place DSP, cut at 4” x 5 ¼”. I did make six of these cards, however, I did not use the 1 ½” x 4” strips (which would have been cut to ¾” x 4” for the inside of the card):
For the rest of the card front, you will need:
1. From the Stitched So Sweetly Dies, I used the second largest layering sentiment die to die-cut from Basic White cardstock. I used my Stamparatus to line up the sentiment on the die-cut cardstock and stamp in Fresh Freesia ink.
2. Use the largest layering sentiment die to die-cut from the Silver Foil Specialty Pack in the brushed finish, which will be layered under the above die-cut sentiment piece.
3. Use the “chocolate” die to die-cut from the Silver Foil Specialty Pack in the mirrored finish.
4. On Basic White cardstock, stamp the chocolate outline stamp in Early Espresso ink, color in with Light and Dark Crumb Cake and Light Highland Heather Stampin’ Blends and die-cut out with the coordinating die.
5. You will need five Highland Heather Cute Stars, three large and two small, not pictured.
I first adhered the layered die-cut sentiments together and used a little bit of liquid glue to adhere the silver chocolate die-cut on top. This is adhered to the middle of the DSP base layer, use dimensionals to adhere the die-cut chocolates, place the adhesive backed stars as shown, and adhere this completed piece to a Fresh Freesia cardstock card base, cut at 4 ¼” x 11”, and scored at 5 ½”:
For the inside, cut a piece of Basic White cardstock at 4” x 5 ¼”, stamp the sentiment from Sunny Sentiments in Fresh Freesia ink, and stamp the little asterisk from Nothing’s Better than in Smoky Slate ink:
For the coordinating Basic White medium envelope, stamp the chocolate outline in Early Espresso, the second step in Crumb Cake ink (stamp off once first), and the asterisk stamp in Fresh Freesia:
How’s that for giving a new look to holiday paper and embellishments?? Even though I didn’t quite use up all my Peaceful Place DSP, that’s ok! The two full sheets and few scraps will be put to good use as next years (or rather this year??) gift tags since I had no time to make any for this past Christmas! Now it’s time to clean up and organize my craft room, whittle down my wish list for the Jan-June 2022 Mini Catalog (that goes live tomorrow!!!), and get started with the products that I currently have. What are your favorite new product(s) from the mini and the 2022 Sale-A-Bration catalogs??
Live in the USA? I would love to be your demonstrator! Contact me today to learn more about purchasing Stampin’ Up! products, hosting a party, joining my team or if you would like a complimentary catalog!
You can head over to my online store by clicking the Shop Now! button at the very top to see all available products.
I hope today’s project inspires you to get creative! Please contact me if you have any questions about the products used on this or any other project. I hope you enjoyed today’s blog and thanks for stopping by!