Hello and welcome to today’s blog post, which is a fun underwater scenery card featuring the Beauty of the Deep Bundle! This super cute bundle is great for a variety of occasions, just add your sentiment! For my first card with the Beauty of the Deep Bundle, I thought I would show you a quick and easy card that has a little die-cutting, the hardest part was deciding which colors to use. I first new that I wanted to use Parakeet Party and Calypso Coral, deciding to use Tahitian Tide for the “water”, and then finally deciding to use Starry Sky, to keep with the beachy/tropical theme. Since I’m still playing with Pebbled Path as more of a “greige” neutral, instead of my go-to Smoky Slate/Gray Granite/Basic Gray, the anchor was stamped in the color, which I think works very well.
For the base layers, the first (or bottom) layer is Starry Sky cardstock die-cut out with the largest Deckled Rectangle Die. For the next layer, I cut a 4” x 5 ¼” piece of Basic White cardstock, used a blending brush with Tahitian Tide ink to color a large, circular area, stamped the large and small seaweed/seagrass in Parakeet Party ink, stamped the coral in Calypso Coral ink, both fish in Starry Sky ink, the bubbles above the fish in Tahitian Tide ink, and used the second from the largest Deckled Rectangle Die to die-cut out. For the glittery splattered effect, I squeezed my Wink of Stella pen and “tapped” the end to splatter the glitter:
For the rest of the card front, you will need:
1. Stamp the anchor in Pebbled Path ink on Basic White cardstock, use the coordinating die to die-cut out, I used my Wink of Stella pen to trace around the anchor to give a shimmery effect, and use a blending brush with Tahitian Tide ink to lightly color the cardstock.
2. Stamp the sentiment from Charming Sentiments in Starry Sky ink on Basic White cardstock and use the smaller oval from the Double Oval Punch to punch out.
3. Use the larger, scalloped oval from the Double Oval Punch to punch out of Tahitian Tide cardstock, this will be layered under the above sentiment piece.
4. Using the Starry Sky/White baker’s twine from the 2022-2024 In Color Baker’s Twine Pack, wrap around your four fingers, four times, and then twist in half to make a figure 8.
5. You will need two small and one large Flat Adhesive-Backed Pearls, not pictured.
To assemble the card, adhere the two die-cut base layers to a Tahitian Tide cardstock card base, cut at 4 ¼” x 11” and scored at 5 ½”, use some adhesive to adhere the baker’s twine to the upper right corner, use dimensionals to adhere the sentiment over the baker’s twine, dimensionals to adhere the die-cut anchor as shown, and place the Flat Adhesive-Back Pearls as shown:
For the inside, cut a piece of Basic White cardstock at 4” x 5 ½”, stamp the sentiment in Starry Sky ink, use a blender brush with Tahitian Tide ink in the bottom left corner, stamp the seaweed/seagrass in Parakeet Party ink, and stamp the sea anemone in Calypso Coral ink:
For the coordinating Basic White Medium Envelope, use a blending brush with Tahitian Tide ink in the bottom left corner, stamp the seaweed/seagrass in Parakeet Party ink, and stamp the coral in Calypso Coral ink:
How fun and easy is this card to make?? Whether you want to keep your card easy with just stamping or go all out with the coordinating dies, this is a super cute and fun bundle, especially for your beach themed cards!
Live in the USA? I would love to be your demonstrator! Contact me today to learn more about purchasing Stampin’ Up! products, hosting a party, joining my team or if you would like a complimentary catalog!
You can head over to my online store by clicking the Shop Now! button at the very top to see all available products.
I hope today’s project inspires you to get creative! Please contact me if you have any questions about the products used on this or any other project. I hope you enjoyed today’s blog and thanks for stopping by!