Hello and welcome to today’s blog post, which features two more alternative cards from the Sweet Sunflowers Paper Pumpkin Kit! This time I not only used elements from the kit, but also used products from the annual catalog and even brought back out one of my favorite embossing folders, the Subtle 3D Embossing Folder! Since I cut up one of the card bases from the kit to use as a base layer for the card fronts, I thought embossing the base layer with an embossing folder would be a great way to give the paper some depth and that extra little detail to make these cards stand out! Now that I’m back in my craft room, having access to everything and picking products that I may not have thought of to bring with me on vacation, or even forgot to bring, makes creating these fun Paper Pumpkin alternatives so much easier! Lol
For both cards, I used the card base with the two sunflowers on one side and cut it down into two 4” x 5 ¼” base layers.
For the first card:
1. I used the two sunflowers piece for the base layer and embossed it with the Subtle 3D Embossing Folder (retired).
2. Cut a ¾” x 3” piece of Basic White cardstock, stamp the sentiment from Lovely You in Night of Navy ink, and use the rounded end from Lovely Labels Pick a Punch to punch each end.
3. Cut a ¾” x 3 ½” piece of Blackberry Bliss cardstock, use the rounded end from Lovely Labels Pick a Punch to punch each end, and adhere under the above sentiment piece.
4. Place one 3mm Iridescent Pearl Basic Jewel on each end of the sentiment piece as shown.
5. Use a sponge dauber with Blackberry Bliss ink to color the laser-cut vellum honeycomb element and then adhere to the embossed base layer.
6. Cut about a 6” piece of the Silver Metallic Edge Cotton Ribbon, fold/loop in half, and use glue dots to adhere next to the vellum honeycomb element.
7. Use dimensionals to adhere the layered sentiment piece over the ribbon and vellum honeycomb.
8. Use mini dimensionals to adhere three of the laser-cut bumblebee elements as shown.
9. This completed base layer is adhered to an Evening Evergreen cardstock card base, cut at 4 ¼” x 11” and scored at 5 ½”.
10. For the inside, cut a 4” x 5 ¼” piece of Basic White cardstock, stamp the sunflower in Crushed Curry ink, the center in Soft Suede ink, and use Dark So Saffron, Dark Daffodil Delight, and Dark Soft Suede Stampin’ Blends to color in on the bottom left corner. For the bottom right corner, stamp the branch stamp in Evening Evergreen ink and use a Dark Blackberry Bliss Stampin’ Blends to create “flowers”.
For the second card:
1. The other 4” x 5 ¼” base layer is embossed with the Timeworn Type 3D Embossing Folder.
2. I trimmed the edges off one of the gold foil honeycomb sheets (use either a guillotine trimmer or scissors, not your paper trimmer), cut it in half along the short side, then cut off 2/3 along the long side, at an angle, and adhere to the base layer.
3. Stamp the sentiment from Peaceful Moments on Basic White cardstock and use the smallest Deckled Rectangle Die to die-cut out.
4. Use the second smallest Deckled Rectangle Die to die-cut from Blackberry Bliss cardstock and layer under the above die-cut sentiment piece.
5. Adhere the layered deckled rectangle over the gold foil honeycomb element.
6. Use enough Linen Trim to fold in half and tie into a double bow, using a glue dot to adhere as shown.
7. Place two of the small Brushed Brass Butterflies in the upper left corner of the sentiment piece as shown.
8. Use mini dimensionals to adhere three of the laser-cut bumblebees as shown.
9. This completed base layer is adhered to a 4 ¼” x 11” and scored at 5 ½” Evening Evergreen cardstock card base.
10. For the inside, cut a piece of Basic White cardstock at 4” x 5 ¼”, stamp the branch stamp in Evening Evergreen three times in each corner (without inking again), stamp the bumblebee in Memento ink, and use a Dark Daffodil Delight Stampin’ Blends to color in the bumblebee body.
I just love the added embossed texture to the base layers on both cards! Pairing your favorite sentiments and adding just a few additional elements make creating alternative cards with the Sweet Sunflowers Kit so easy! I am definitely going to use this entire box up! Be sure to check back for my next post for more alternative inspiration!
Live in the USA? I would love to be your demonstrator! Contact me today to learn more about purchasing Stampin’ Up! products, hosting a party, joining my team or if you would like a complimentary catalog!
You can head over to my online store by clicking the Shop Now! button at the very top to see all available products.
I hope today’s project inspires you to get creative! Please contact me if you have any questions about the products used on this or any other project. I hope you enjoyed today’s blog and thanks for stopping by!