Hello and welcome to the Stamp It Group’s New Year’s Blog Hop! My name is Christina Miller and you are visiting my blog, Christina’s Creative Corner. Whether this is your first stop on the blog hop tour, or you have hopped on over from another blog, thank you for letting me share my card creation with you today!
So, why would you need a New Year’s Card? Not only is this a great alternative for a Christmas card (ooops! Did you forget someone? lol), but it is also a great card for those you may see after Christmas! This quick and easy card is a great way to use up your supplies and make a great holiday card!
The base layers are the gold Brushed Metallic cardstock, cut at 4” x 5 ¼” and this design from the Simply Elegant DSP, cut at 3 ¾” x 5” (sorry the picture is blurry!):
For the rest of the card front, you will need:
1. On Basic Black cardstock, heat emboss the sentiment from Heartfelt Wishes with gold embossing powder and die-cut out with a die from the Tasteful Labels Dies.
2. Using Black Glitter Paper, cut a 1” strip, use the Banners Pick a Punch to punch the tale, and then trim that at 1 ¼” (the points are at 1 ¼”). You will repeat this four times, which I found much easier to make than cutting a 1” x 1 ½” piece of glitter paper and trying to punch the end.
3. From gold Brushed Metallic cardstock, you will use the Playful Alphabet Dies and die-cut out three of the number 2, one Zero, and one number 1.
4. Use the gold trim from the Simply Elegant Trim to wrap around your four fingers.
5. Use the Cute Star Adhesive-Backed Sequins, I improvised for the gold stars by coloring the Pumpkin Pie with a gold metallic Sharpie.
I used liquid glue to adhere the die-cut numbers to the banners, with the 1 towards the top and the 2 towards the bottom on the end banner (one year leaving out and one year coming in). I adhered the two base layers together, wrapped the trim around my fingers three times, leaving one end at the top and one end at the bottom, twisting the trim into a figure 8, adhering to the back of the die-cut sentiment, and then using dimensionals to adhere to the base layers as shown:
Use dimensionals to adhere the banners above the die-cut sentiment, place some of the stars randomly around, and adhere the completed base layer to a Basic Black cardstock card base, cut at 5 ½” x 8 ½”, and scored at 4 ¼”:
For the inside, cut a piece of Basic White cardstock at 4” x 5 ¼”, heat emboss the sentiment from Heartfelt Wishes with gold embossing powder, and place the remaining adhesive stars as shown: What a fun and festive New Year’s card! It’s times like this that I really should get the Stitched Stars Dies, I probably should add those to my next order! lol
Live in the USA? I would love to be your demonstrator! Contact me today to learn more about purchasing Stampin’ Up! products, hosting a party, joining my team or if you would like a complimentary catalog!
You can head over to my online store by clicking the Shop Now! button at the very top to see all available products.
I hope today’s project inspires you to get creative! Please contact me if you have any questions about the products used on this or any other project. I hope you enjoyed today’s blog and thanks for stopping by!
This month’s giveaway:
The winner from last month’s Christmas Blog Hop is:
Don’t forget to scroll down to leave your FIRST and LAST name and a comment with the #stampitcontest and keep hopping on the blog hop tour: