Hello and welcome to today’s blog post, which features the new Texture Chic 12” x 12” Specialty Paper and the Rose Gold Specialty Paper paired with the Friends are Like Seashells stamp set, Seaside Seashells Dies, and the Seashells 3D Embossing Folder! Can we first talk about the ROSE GOLD Specialty Paper?? Pictures absolutely do not do this glorious paper justice! Just like the Silver Foil Specialty Paper, you get six 12” x 12” sheets, two matte, two metallic, and two iridescent and if you have been hoping for Rose Gold Foil, you definitely want to add this pack to your next order! To me, the matte is soft finish, the metallic is like a mirror finish, and the iridescent is like an uber metallic finish, when you look at it from different angles you can see different colors. This specialty paper is something that you must have in your hands to really appreciate! I thought this would be the perfect opportunity to pair the Rose Gold Specialty Paper with the Texture Chic DSP, specifically with the design for today’s card because I thought it would work perfectly with the Friends are Like Seashells stamp set, dies, and embossing folder.
The base layer for the card front is this design from the Texture Chic DSP, cut at 4” x 5 ¼”:
For the rest of the card front, you will need:
1. Cut a 4” x 3 ¼” piece of the iridescent Rose Gold Foil and emboss it using the top part of the Seashells 3D Embossing Folder.
2. I used an Early Espresso Stampin’ Write Marker to ink the top part of the sentiment to stamp on a piece of Basic White cardstock and die-cut out with the banner die from the Stylish Shapes Dies.
3. The seagrass is stamped twice in Versamark ink and heat embossed in White Embossing Powder on Soft Succulent cardstock, I used a sponge dauber with Soft Succulent ink around the edges.
4. The starfish is stamped in Versamark ink on Basic White cardstock and heat embossed in White Embossing Powder, I used a sponge dauber with Petal Pink ink around the edge and in the middle.
5. The sand dollar is stamped in Versamark ink on Sahara Sand cardstock and heat embossed in White Embossing Powder, I used a sponge dauber with Crum Cake ink around the edge and in the middle.
6. You will need one of each size of the Champagne Rhinestone Basic Jewels, not shown.
I first adhered the embossed Rose Gold Foil to the middle of the DSP base layer, adhered the sand dollar and seagrass to the Rose Gold Foil, adhered the sentiment over the sand dollar and seagrass, used a dimensional to adhere the starfish, placed the three Champagne Rhinestones as shown, and adhered this completed piece to a Petal Pink cardstock card base, cut at 4 ¼” x 11” and scored at 5 ½”:
For the inside, cut a piece of Basic White cardstock at 4” x 5 ¼”, use an Early Espresso Stampin’ Write Marker to color the bottom half of the sentiment to stamp on the cardstock, the small speckled stamp is stamped in Petal Pink ink along the top with the sentiment, and I adhered a ¾” x 4” strip of DSP along the bottom:
For the coordinating Basic White Medium Envelope, I used the starfish and sand dollar dies to die-cut from the new Stampin’ Up! Masking paper, first stamped the starfish in Petal Pink ink, placed the die-cut mask over the starfish, stamped the sand dollar in Early Espresso ink, placed the die-cut mask over the sand dollar, and stamped the seagrass three times in Soft Succulent ink:
Giving new life and look to an “old-time” favorite stamp set, dies, and embossing folder! This is one of the ideas that drew me to the Textured Chic DSP, which I see a lot of potential with some of the stamp sets that carried over into the 2022-2023 Annual Catalog. Did you notice how I snuck in the masking paper?? I know there are several brands of masking paper out there, but if you don’t have any of them (or maybe even if you do!) or are just plain tired of using sticky notes, add a pack of the masking paper to your order-along with the Rose Gold Foil!! lol
Live in the USA? I would love to be your demonstrator! Contact me today to learn more about purchasing Stampin’ Up! products, hosting a party, joining my team or if you would like a complimentary catalog!
You can head over to my online store by clicking the Shop Now! button at the very top to see all available products.
I hope today’s project inspires you to get creative! Please contact me if you have any questions about the products used on this or any other project. I hope you enjoyed today’s blog and thanks for stopping by!