Hello and welcome to today’s blog post, which wraps up my Thanksgiving card making season with a super easy slimline card featuring the Hello Harvest Bundle and Rustic Harvest Designer Series Paper! The flower design from the DSP is beautiful and big, so it is perfect to use for the card front of a slimline card because you really do not need to add a lot of elements. The leaf label from the Leaf Label & Amber Gem Combo Pack really is perfect for some of the sentiments from the Hello Harvest stamp set and I was even able to give the pumpkin die-cut a little added depth with a Q-tip and Mossy Meadow ink. When using a “busy” DSP design, vellum cardstock is a great way to add a simple background layer between your die-cuts and/or sentiment pieces and the DSP without taking away from the DSP!
For the card front layers, the base layer is Mossy Meadow cardstock cut at 3 ½” x 8 ½”, the next layer is Merry Merlot cardstock cut at 3 ¼” x 8 ¼”, and the top layer is this design from the Rustic Harvest DSP cut at 3” x 8”:
For the rest of the card front, you will need:
1. Use the largest circle die from Stylish Shapes to die-cut from Vellum cardstock.
2. Use your Stamparatus to stamp the sentiment on the leaf label in Merry Merlot ink. I had to stamp the sentiment a couple of times, and this will need to be set aside to dry or use your Heat Tool.
3. I used the pumpkin dies to die-cut out of Very Vanilla cardstock, but first used a Q-tip with Mossy Meadow ink on the embossing parts of the die before die-cutting out. I then used a Blending Brush with Crushed Curry ink to “color” the pumpkin die-cuts, making the edges darker.
4. The pumpkin stem is die-cut from Early Espresso cardstock.
5. Use two of the vine dies to die-cut from Mossy Meadow cardstock.
6. Use the Basic Black baker’s twine to fold a piece in half and then tie into a double bow.
7. You will need four of the Amber Gems, not pictured.
To assemble the sentiment piece, I used liquid glue to adhere the pumpkin layers, stem, and one of the vines at the top, adhered the other vine to the bottom side of the pumpkin, adhered this to the Vellum die-cut circle, used dimensionals to adhere the Leaf Label to the Vellum die-cut circle, a glue dot to adhere the baker’s twine bow at the top of the Leaf Label, and placed the Amber Gems as shown. I adhered the layered cardstock and DSP, adhered the sentiment piece as shown, and then adhered this completed piece to a Basic Black cardstock card base, cut at 7 ½” x 8 ¾” and scored at 3 ¾”:
For the inside, cut a piece of Basic White cardstock at 3 ½” x 8 ½”, stamp the sentiment from Lovely You in Merry Merlot ink, and use the leaf stamp from Hello Harvest to stamp along the bottom in Crushed Curry, Merry Merlot, and Mossy Meadow inks:
For the coordinating Slimline Envelope, I used the leaf stamp again to stamp one time each in Crushed Curry, Merry Merlot, and Mossy Meadow inks:
Beautiful card that was so easy to make! I love the added depth of the pumpkin by adding ink to the die before die-cutting and you can also add the ink after you die-cut, if that is easier for you, which I did try out for the other card I made. As hard as I tried, I really wanted to at least use up the Leaf Label & Amber Gems by the time I was done with my Thanksgiving cards, but of course I still have a few leftover, lol! Be sure to join me next week when I start on CHRISTMAS!! I can’t believe that it really is right around the corner and I feel like I say this every year, lol!!
Live in the USA? I would love to be your demonstrator! Contact me today to learn more about purchasing Stampin’ Up! products, hosting a party, joining my team or if you would like a complimentary catalog!
You can head over to my online store by clicking the Shop Now! button at the very top to see all available products.
I hope today’s project inspires you to get creative! Please contact me if you have any questions about the products used on this or any other project. I hope you enjoyed today’s blog and thanks for stopping by!