Hello and welcome to today’s card, which is a quick and easy “no line watercoloring” card featuring the Rooted in Nature stamp set! If you have never tried watercoloring, today’s card is a great way to give it a try, even if you don’t think you have “an artistic bone”! lol Just like with card making, it’s best to start with something small and simple, this way you can work on your skills and gradually work on adding more to your cards!
The base layer for this card is this design from the Garden Lane DSP, cut at 4” x 5 ¼”:
For the rest of the card front, you will need:
1. A 4” strip of the Whisper White Flax Ribbon.
2. Sahara Sand Adhesive-Backed Sequins, from the Basic Adhesive-Backed Sequins.
3. Heat emboss the sentiment on Garden Green cardstock in White Embossing Powder and use your snips to cut out.
4. Stamp and watercolor the tree image on a piece of Fluid 100 Watercolor Paper (instructions below for stamping and coloring) and cut out with the third smallest layering Stitched Rectangle Die. Use the fourth smallest layering Stitched Rectangle Die to cut a piece of Soft Sea Foam cardstock, which will be layered under the watercolor paper.
For the “no line watercoloring”:
1. Stamp the tree image on the watercolor paper in Smoky Slate.
2. Using the smaller aqua painter brush, use Early Espresso ink for the tree trunk and limbs and Mossy Meadow ink for the leaves.
3. Using the bigger aqua painter brush, use Soft Sea Foam ink to color around the tree, from top to bottom. I gave this a gradient look by using less ink as I colored down to the bottom of the tree.
To assemble the card front, use Tear & Tape to adhere the flax ribbon across the middle of the DSP, use dimensionals to adhere the tree image and sentiment pieces, and use your Take Your Pick tool to place four of the Sahara Sand adhesive-back sequins to the DSP:
This completed piece is adhered to a Soft Sea Foam cardstock card base, cut at 4 ¼” x 11”, and scored at 5 ½”:
For the inside, cut a piece of Very Vanilla cardstock at 4” x 5 ¼”, stamp the sentiment in Garden Green ink, and adhere a ¾” x 4” strip of coordinating DSP along the bottom:
Quick and easy card to make! No line watercoloring is another great way to give your stamped images a different look! Of the products used for this card, the Garden Lane DSP, Whisper White Flax Ribbon, and the Basic Adhesive-Backed Sequins are all on the retirement list from the 2019-2020 Annual Catalog. Don’t forget, all products on the retirement list are only “while supplies last”!
Live in the USA? I would love to be your demonstrator! Contact me today to learn more about purchasing Stampin’ Up! products, hosting a party, joining my team or if you would like a complimentary catalog!
You can head over to my online store by clicking the Shop Now! button at the very top to see all available products.
I hope today’s project inspires you to get creative! Please contact me if you have any questions about the products used on this or any other project. I hope you enjoyed today’s blog and thanks for stopping by!