Hello and welcome to today’s blog post, which is a sweet encouragement card featuring the Rooted in Nature stamp set and the Nature’s Roots Dies! I thought it would be fun to create a fall themed card with products from the annual catalog! Not all fall themed cards are for Thanksgiving, but keeping with the fall season, you too can make beautiful cards to mail or hand deliver for any reason!
The base layer is this design from the In Good Taste DSP, cut at 4” x 5 ½”:
For the card front, you will need:
1. Cut a 1 ¼” x 5 ¼” piece of Early Espresso cardstock and emboss with the Brick & Mortar 3D Embossing Folder.
2. Cut a 1 ¾” x 4” piece of Brushed Copper Metallic cardstock and emboss with the Tasteful Textile 3D Embossing Folder.
3. Cut two pieces of the Very Vanilla Scalloped Lace Trim about 4 ¼” (or so), they need to be slightly longer than the embossed Brushed Copper Metallic cardstock.
4. Use the large leaf emboss and cutting dies from Nature’s Roots Dies to cut from Cinnamon Cider cardstock and spritz with an alcohol and Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint mix in a Stampin’ Spritzer.
5. Use the small leaf emboss and cutting dies from Nature’s Roots Dies to cut from Bumblebee and Early Espresso cardstocks and spritz with an alcohol and Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint minx in a Stampin’ Spritzer.
6. Stamp the block sentiment stamp from Rooted in Nature in Early Espresso ink on Very Vanilla cardstock and die-cut with the third smallest Stitched Nested Labels Dies.
The embossed Early Espresso cardstock will be adhered to the middle of the DSP base layer, use adhesive along the top and bottom edge of the embossed metallic cardstock to adhere the scalloped ribbon, trimming off the excess, and use dimensionals to adhere this piece spaced evenly over the embossed Early Espresso cardstock:
The embossed die-cut leaves are adhered to the embossed brushed metallic cardstock, the Cinnamon Cider leaf in the middle, the sentiment is adhered with dimensionals over the Cinnamon Cider leaf, and this completed piece is adhered to a Cinnamon Cider cardstock card base, cut at 5 ½” x 8 ½”, and scored at 4 ¼”:
For the inside, cut a piece of Very Vanilla cardstock at 4” x 5 ¼”, adhere the ¾” x 4” piece of DSP along the side of the cardstock, and stamp the sentiment from Rooted in Nature in Early Espresso ink:
I just love this sweet and encouraging fall themed card! Adding the ribbon along the edge of the embossed metallic cardstock just gives it that soft look! Great alternative way to use your ribbon, don’t you think?
Live in the USA? I would love to be your demonstrator! Contact me today to learn more about purchasing Stampin’ Up! products, hosting a party, joining my team or if you would like a complimentary catalog!
You can head over to my online store by clicking the Shop Now! button at the very top to see all available products.
I hope today’s project inspires you to get creative! Please contact me if you have any questions about the products used on this or any other project. I hope you enjoyed today’s blog and thanks for stopping by!