Hello and welcome to today’s card, which is a sweet alternative card made with the Magic in this Night DSP, Halloween Magic Dies, and your favorite sentiments! If you are like me, when you choose designer series paper you look for the best use, especially when it comes to holiday DSP! So, I decided to hit the “pause” button again from making Halloween cards to show you a simple card, but still using some of those products!
For the base layer, use this design from the Magic in this Night DSP cut at 4” x 5 ¼”:
For the card front, you will need:
1. Stamp the sentiment from Peaceful Moments stamp set in Blackberry Bliss ink on Whisper White cardstock, cut out with the third smallest layering die from Stitched So Sweetly. I used the large background stamp from Painted Poppies to stamp in Pretty Peacock, Blackberry Bliss, and Cajun Craze inks, stamping off twice before stamping on the Whisper White cardstock.
2. Use the fourth smallest (or third largest) layering die from Stitched So Sweetly to cut from Blackberry Bliss cardstock, this will be layered under the above sentiment die-cut.
3. Cut a 7” piece of Metallic Mesh Ribbon.
4. Use the leaf die from Halloween Magic Dies to cut two pieces from Pretty Peacock cardstock.
5. Place some adhesive sheet on the back of Basic Black cardstock and use the flower die from Halloween Magic Dies to cut two pieces. I placed one of the die-cuts on Blackberry Bliss cardstock and the other on Cajun Craze cardstock and use my snips to cut around.
I tied the mesh ribbon into a knot, closer to the left side, and adhered the ends to the back of the DSP base layer:
I adhered the die-cut layered sentiment with dimensionals over the mesh ribbon as shown, and placed a glue dot in the upper left and lower right corners (for the die cut flowers):
I adhered the die-cut leaf to the back of each flower as shown, placed the die-cut flower in each corner with the glue dot, and then adhered this completed piece to a Thick Whisper White cardstock card base, cut at 5 ½” x 8 ½”, and scored at 4 ¼”:
For the inside, cut a piece of Whisper White cardstock at 4” x 5 ¼”, stamp the tall poppy image in Pretty Peacock ink, and use the small splatter background stamp in Blackberry Bliss ink, stamping off first:
I made three cards with one sentiment and the other three with this other sentiment, the only things I changed was the layering dies (second and third smallest) and since this is a smaller sentiment, I used the same background stamp as the inside of the card, but stamping off once first:
Since you can “mix and match” the sentiments from Peaceful Moments, I left the inside sentiment blank so that I could choose what sentiment to use at a later time. Even though I normally use those ¾” x 4” strips of DSP for the inside of the card, that was actually used a couple of weeks ago for a different card, but I was still able to make six cards from this 10 ½” x 12” DSP.
Live in the USA? I would love to be your demonstrator! Contact me today to learn more about purchasing Stampin’ Up! products, hosting a party, joining my team or if you would like a complimentary catalog!
You can head over to my online store by clicking the Shop Now! button at the very top to see all available products.
I hope today’s project inspires you to get creative! Please contact me if you have any questions about the products used on this or any other project. I hope you enjoyed today’s blog and thanks for stopping by!