Hello and welcome to today’s blog post, which is another sweet Mother’s Day card featuring the Cheerful Daisies Dies, Fresh as a Daisy DSP, and the Nested Essentials Dies! While making this card, I discovered two things: 1) It wasn’t until I was looking at the annual catalog that I noticed the daisy dies are actually THREE layers and 2) I love the new 2023 – 2025 In Color Luster Specialty Paper!! When I first started designing today’s card, I first decided I wanted to use the Moody Mauve side of the DSP from Fresh as a Daisy and chose to pair Moody Mauve with Petal Pink for die-cutting the daisies, using the trio daisies die and the coordinating detailed daisy dies. As I was looking at the example from the annual catalog, I noticed that there was actually a third layer in Boho Blue! Sure enough, when I lined up one of the large outline daisies it is just slightly larger than the daisy from the trio daisies die, which is perfect for layering! Here I am thinking that the trio daisies die is one die and the outline and detailed daisy dies are something else – which is partly due to how they come packaged. I know I can’t be the only one that knows this, but if you are like me and didn’t, now you do know and you’re welcome! Lol! As for the luster paper, if you are familiar with the Pearlescent Specialty Paper that just retired, it is just like that. I first started using Moody Mauve cardstock for the detailed daisy die-cuts, but then I remembered I have the 2023 – 2025 In Color Luster Specialty Paper and changed over to Moody Mauve for the rest of my cards. I LOVE this specialty paper and I can see using this for accent pieces, which is more than I used the pearlescent paper for!
For the card front base layer, I used this design from the Fresh as a Daisy DSP, cutting a whole sheet into six 4” x 5 ¼” base layers and six ¾” x 4” strips for the inside of the card:
For the rest of the card front, you will need:
1. Use the trio daisies die to die-cut from Petal Pink cardstock, trimming off the leaves. *I positioned the die on the cardstock so that I would only have a little bit to cut off.
2. Use the three daisy outline dies to die-cut one of each from Very Vanilla cardstock.
3. Use the three daisy detailed dies to die-cut one of each from Moody Mauve Luster Paper. *These three will be layered together.
4. Use the largest rectangle shaped Nested Essentials Die to die-cut from the matte Rose Gold Specialty Paper.
5. From Old Olive cardstock, use the large branch-like die and the end of the trio daisies die with the leaves to die-cut out.
6. Use the outline leave die to die-cut two of each from Granny Apple Green Cardstock.
7. Cut a 5 ¼” piece of the Moody Mauve Textured Ribbon and a slightly shorter piece of the Wavy Trim, these will be layered together.
8. You will need three of the Adhesive-Backed Sparkle Gems in black, not pictured.
I used liquid glue to adhere the daisy and leaf layers together and mini glue dots to adhere the Wavy Trim to the Moody Mauve Textured Ribbon, adhered the layered daisies die-cut to the middle of the matte Rose Gold die-cut, the leaves behind the large daisy, and the branch-like die-cut to the back of the matte Rose Gold die-cut. I adhered the ribbon to the middle of the DSP base layer, used dimensionals to adhere the layered die-cut centerpiece over the ribbon, placed the three black sparkle gems (two 5mm and one 4mm) as shown, and then adhered this to a Basic Gray cardstock card base, cut at 5 ½” x 8 ½” and scored at 4 ¼”:
For the inside of the card, cut a piece of Very Vanilla at 4” x 5 ¼”, adhere the ¾” x 4” strip of DSP to the side, and stamp the sentiment from Daffodil Daydream in Moody Mauve:
For the coordinating Very Vanilla Medium Envelope, stamp the daisy outline and center in Moody Mauve ink and the second-step stamp in Petal Pink ink:
What a sweet and lovely card, perfect for Mother’s Day or any occasion! Another new product that I’m going to love is the Nested Essentials Dies! You have three unique shapes and there are four of each size, perfect for layering!
Live in the USA? I would love to be your demonstrator! Contact me today to learn more about purchasing Stampin’ Up! products, hosting a party, joining my team or if you would like a complimentary catalog!
You can head over to my online store by clicking the Shop Now! button at the very top to see all available products.
I hope today’s project inspires you to get creative! Please contact me if you have any questions about the products used on this or any other project. I hope you enjoyed today’s blog and thanks for stopping by!