Hello and welcome to today’s blog post, which is a fun card featuring the Counting Sheep stamp set, Sheep Dies, and Be Dazzling 6” x 6” Specialty Paper from the second release Sale-A-Bration brochure! Starting August 3rd thru September 30th, 2021, you can earn free products from the second release of SAB with a qualifying order (or two! Lol). The Counting Sheep stamp set, coordinating Sheep Dies, and the Be Dazzling Paper were a must for me! The timing couldn’t be better since I need to make a birthday card for a 7 year old little boy and this also gives me the opportunity to play with new products!
The base layer is Basic White cardstock, cut at 4” x 5 ¼”. I used Blending Brushes to apply Granny Apple Green and Balmy Blue inks for the “grass and sky”:
For the rest of the card front, you will need:
1. Use the fence die from the Sheep Dies to die-cut two pieces from the Kraft 6” x 6” Paper Stack.
2. On Basic White cardstock, stamp the two sheep and the party hat twice in Memento ink. The sheep are colored in with Light Smoky Slate and Light Basic Black Stampin’ Blends, the party hats are colored in with Light Poppy Parade, Light Daffodil Delight, Light Balmy Blue, and Light Granny Apple Green Stampin’ Blends, and then they are all die-cut out with the coordinating dies.
3. Use the balloon die from the Sheep Dies to die-cut one each of Poppy Parade, Daffodil Delight, Granny Apple Green, and Balmy Blue cardstock and then three from the Be Dazzling Paper.
4. The sun die was used to die-cut from Daffodil Delight cardstock.
5. The clouds were made by using the “cloud or grass” dies to die-cut from Basic White cardstock and then I used a blender brush with Balmy Blue ink along the edges.
6. The sentiment is stamped in Granny Apple Green ink on Basic White cardstock and punched out with the Double Oval Punch.
Since the two fence die-cuts are slightly too long to fit, I intertwined the two ends with the “tabs” and used liquid glue to adhere the fence, clouds and sun to the base layer. I then used the grass stamp in Granny Apple Green ink to stamp as shown:
I used glue dots to adhere the layered balloons and tied Linen Thread into a knot to “tie” the balloons together. The party hats are adhered with liquid glue to the sheep, and I used dimensionals to adhere both sheep, the balloons, and punched out sentiment to the base layer. This completed piece is adhered to a Granny Apply Green cardstock card base, cut at 5 ½” x 8 ½”, and scored at 4 ¼”:
For the inside, cut a piece of Basic White cardstock at 4” x 5 ¼”, stamp the sentiment in Granny Apple Green ink, the party hats along the bottom in Memento ink, and use the same Stampin’ Blends to color in as the party hats from the card front, using the Light Smoky Slate Stampin’ Blend to outline the hats:
Isn’t this stamp set and coordination dies so stinking cute?? They are perfect for just about any age birthday card, just change up the colors for the balloons and the party hats! You could easily just die-cut the balloons from the Be Dazzling Paper and color them with ink using blending brushes or sponge daubers!!
Live in the USA? I would love to be your demonstrator! Contact me today to learn more about purchasing Stampin’ Up! products, hosting a party, joining my team or if you would like a complimentary catalog!
You can head over to my online store by clicking the Shop Now! button at the very top to see all available products.
I hope today’s project inspires you to get creative! Please contact me if you have any questions about the products used on this or any other project. I hope you enjoyed today’s blog and thanks for stopping by!