Hello and welcome to today’s blog post, which is a fun beachy themed card from the Sand & Sea Suite! Now that Summer is officially here, what better way to kick-off the season that with a card from the Sand & Sea Suite! How many of you loved stickers when you were little? You can channel the inner kid in you with the Seaside Shell stickers in the 2021 January-June Mini Catalog! These adorable pearlescent stickers coordinate with the Sand & Sea DSP and the Pearlescent Specialty Paper, which is a quick and easy embellishment to add to your cards and crafts!
The base layer is this design from the Sand & Sea DSP, cut at 4” x 5 ¼”. I used the whole 12” x 12” sheet to make six cards:
For the card front, you will need:
1. Use the third largest layering Stitched So Sweetly Die to die-cut from Pearlescent Paper and I used my Stamparatus to stamp the sentiment three times in Misty Moonlight ink. Since this paper has a coating, stamping the sentiment 2 – 3 times will make it dark and full, but the ink will need to be dried with your heat tool. Setting it aside for a minute will not get the ink to completely dry and will end up smearing.
2. You will use two each of the three Seaside Shells sticker designs.
3. Cut the 1 ½” x 4” strip left-over from cutting the base layer in half (along the 1 ½” side) for a ¾” x 4” strip and use the flag end from the Banners Pick a Punch on each end. TIP-I slid the strip just to the end of the DSP to punch out, this way you still have a 4” piece, which is not only easier to adhere evenly to the DSP base layer, but you can still see it under the die-cut sentiment.
4. Cut a 16” – 17” piece of White Baker’s Twine from the Snail Mail Baker’s Twine Combo Pack and use your Light Misty Moonlight Stampin’ Blends to color. You will want to set this aside for a few minutes to completely dry OR if you have the retired Night of Navy Baker’s Twine, you could use that instead.
5. You will need two of the 6mm Opal Rounds, not pictured.
Place the Seaside Shells stickers on the die-cut sentiment piece and then place the Opal Rounds on the shells, as shown:
First adhere the ¾” x 4” strip of DSP in the middle of the base layer, wrap the baker’s twine around the DSP base layer so it makes an “X”, secure the ends to the backside of the DSP base layer, and adhere the die-cut sentiment piece over the twine and DSP strip with dimensionals. This completed piece is adhered to a Sahara Sand cardstock card base, cut at 4 ¼” x 11”, and scored at 5 ½”:
For the inside, cut a piece of Basic White cardstock at 4” x 5 ¼”, you can use any of the other sentiments from the stamp set, cut I used this one that I stamped in Misty Moonlight ink. The two small shells are stamped in the corner in Misty Moonlight ink and the second step is in Sahara Sand ink, stamping off once first:
Who’s ready for a beach vacation? ME!! Lol Doesn’t this card get you in that warm, summer vibe mood? Can you hear that…? The waves are calling your name!
Live in the USA? I would love to be your demonstrator! Contact me today to learn more about purchasing Stampin’ Up! products, hosting a party, joining my team or if you would like a complimentary catalog!
You can head over to my online store by clicking the Shop Now! button at the very top to see all available products.
I hope today’s project inspires you to get creative! Please contact me if you have any questions about the products used on this or any other project. I hope you enjoyed today’s blog and thanks for stopping by!