Hello and welcome to today’s blog post, which is a beautiful card featuring the Floral Essence stamp set, Gilded Autumn Specialty DSP, and Nature’s Roots Dies! As the month of October is coming to a close and I’ve finished my Thanksgiving cards, I still have some of this beautiful Gilded Autumn Specialty DSP left over! I’m not going to hoard it, seriously…there will be more beautiful DSP next year! So, I decided to make a few quick and easy cards that are great for any occasion!
The base layer is this design from Gilded Autumn Specialty DSP, cut at 4” x 5 ¼”:
For the card front, you will need:
1. Use the second largest layering Stitched So Sweetly Die to die-cut out of Vellum cardstock.
2. Heat emboss the sentiment from Floral Essence in Clear Emboss Powder on Mint Macaron cardstock and die-cut out with the second largest sentiment die from Stitched So Sweetly Dies.
3. Use enough of the Braided Linen Trim to tie into a bow and use your bone folder to “curl” the ends.
4. Use the large embossing and cutting leaf dies from Natures Roots for one leaf in Early Espresso cardstock.
5. Use the small embossing and cutting leaf dies from Natures Roots for one each in Cajun Craze and copper Brushed Metallic cardstocks.
I first arranged the die cut vellum and sentiment pieces on the base layer and then used adhesive on the back of the Mint Macaron cardstock die-cut to adhere the vellum:
I adhered the layered die-cuts to the base layer (hiding the adhesive behind the Mint Macaron cardstock), used adhesive on the bottom half of the leaves to adhere and layer together, and used a glue dot to adhere the Braided Linen Trim bow in the center:
This completed piece is adhered to a Cajun Craze cardstock card base, cut at 4 ¼” x 11”, and scored at 5 ½”:
For the inside, cut a piece of Very Vanilla cardstock at 4” x 5 ¼”, stamp the sentiment from Floral Essence in Cajun Craze ink, and adhere the ¾” x 4” piece of DSP along the bottom:
Here are a couple more alternatives using the same layout:
These are all beautiful cards that can be used for any occasion! Even if you are done with your Thanksgiving cards, pair this beautiful DSP with your favorite sentiments and accents and use up your DSP!
Live in the USA? I would love to be your demonstrator! Contact me today to learn more about purchasing Stampin’ Up! products, hosting a party, joining my team or if you would like a complimentary catalog!
You can head over to my online store by clicking the Shop Now! button at the very top to see all available products.
I hope today’s project inspires you to get creative! Please contact me if you have any questions about the products used on this or any other project. I hope you enjoyed today’s blog and thanks for stopping by!