Hello and welcome to today’s card, which is a fun congratulations card featuring the Sending You Thoughts stamp set and Birthday Bonanza DSP! The Sending You Thoughts stamp set is from the 2020 Sale-A-Bration Catalog that you can earn for FREE with a $50 product purchase! I will admit that at first glance this stamp set did not make my list for SAB products, but after I went back and really looked at the catalog, this stamp set was a must for me! It comes with 9 different sentiments and you can mix and match some of them, depending on the card you are creating. So, I thought pairing this with one of the designs from the Birthday Bonanza DSP to make a fun card!
The base layer is this design from the DSP, cut at 4” x 5 ¼”:
For the card front, you will need:
1. Use the 1” Circle Punch to punch out one each of Mango Melody, Terracotta Tile, and Bermuda Bay cardstock to create a “balloon”.
2. Use the 1 1/8” Scallop Circle Punch to punch out one each of Daffodil Delight, Grapefruit Grove, and Coastal Cabana cardstock to create a “balloon”.
3. Cut six 3” pieces of Whisper White Baker’s Twine.
4. Make three bows using the Whisper White Baker’s Twine.
5. Stamp the sentiment on Whisper White cardstock in Bermuda Bay ink, cut out with the third smallest Layering Oval Die and use the second largest oval Stitched Shapes Die to cut out of Coastal Cabana cardstock to layer under the sentiment.
To assemble the card front, use liquid glue to adhere the baker’s twine to the back of the balloons, a bow to the Daffodil Delight, Mango Melody, and Terracotta Tile balloons and set aside a moment to dry. After drying, position the balloons as shown on the DSP base layer, two scallops with one regular circle and two regular circles with one scallop, adhere the two balloons that are behind with adhesive and the front balloon with a dimensional:
Adhere the layered sentiment to the DSP base layer with dimensionals and then this completed piece is adhered to a Coastal Cabana cardstock card base, cut at 4 ¼” x 11”, and scored at 5 ½”:
For the inside, cut a piece of Whisper White cardstock at 4” x 5 ¼”, stamp the sentiment in Bermuda Bay ink and adhere a strip of DSP along the bottom:
Don’t you just love this card?? You may not need a congratulations card too often, but this is a great way to use up your DSP to have a card readily available! You could also keep the layout and just change the sentiment for a birthday card or even a thank you card!
Live in the USA? I would love to be your demonstrator! Contact me today to learn more about purchasing Stampin’ Up! products, hosting a party, joining my team or if you would like a complimentary catalog!
You can head over to my online store by clicking the Shop Now! button at the very top to see all available products.
I hope today’s project inspires you to get creative! Please contact me if you have any questions about the products used on this or any other project. I hope you enjoyed today’s blog and thanks for stopping by!