Hello and welcome to today’s blog post, which is all about the new 2023 – 2024 Annual Catalog! I arrived back last Friday from my 11 day trip to Oregon to visit my mother for our “girls trip” and a quick afternoon meet up with the in-law side of the family! I will be sure to share pictures of our trip to Seattle and Napa Valley next week, but I have been spending the last week catching up on “housework” and getting my craft room ready for the May 2nd new annual catalog launch! I placed my order on the 2nd and expedited my order so I could not only get back into my “crafting groove” but get my Mother’s Day cards quickly made since I have NONE! While I had my initial list of products ready, I am a visual person, I waited until the catalog was live online to make a few final decisions regarding designer series paper, ribbon, and embellishments.
Since I was really “wiped out” from the retirement list for stamp sets and ribbon that were not carried over and didn’t want to order too much, I’m concentrating on a few bundles/suites that I can make the most of:
1. Fresh as a Daisy Suite-I do not have any sort of “flowers” set and couldn’t really decide which one I wanted; I went with this suite. After today’s card, I really am happy that I did because I love the designer series paper!
2. Beauty of the Deep Bundle-If you know me, I love beachy/ocean themed stamp sets, bundles, DSP, and embellishments! This is a great “stand alone” bundle that you can use with your favorite sentiments, but I also see potential with the Sea Turtle stamp set and the Seaside Bay Bundle – I left the Lighthouse Point Bundle out because this may make an appearance even though it’s retired.
3. Bright & Beautiful Suite-I love a great birthday and celebratory bundle/suite and this is perfect for updating my stash! As a bonus, the coordinating DSP has all the new/returning core colors, except for Pecan Pie, which will be fun to play with.
4. Let’s Go Fishing Suite – I’m not going to lie; this was NOT even on my radar! However, I needed something for Father’s Day, I have friends (male and female) that like to fish, and after seeing both sides of the DSP online (to possibly be used with Seaside Bay, Sea Turtle, and Beauty of the Deep), I could see the potential outside of the suite.
5. I bought 8 (EIGHT!!) spools of ribbon! Since I only had two spools of ribbon carryover, I bought all 5 new In Colors Textured Ribbon, the Natural Wavy Trim, the Pecan Pie Bordered Ribbon, and the Herringbone Ribbon.
6. Embossing Folders and Dies – The Twisted Rope 3D (part of the Let’s Go Fishing Suite) and Exposed Brick 3D Embossing Folders and the Nested Essentials and Countryside Corners Dies made my list.
7. Embellishments – Adhesive-Backed Solid Gems (part of Fresh as a Daisy Suite), 2023 – 2025 In Color Dots, Neutrals Adhesive-Backed Sequins, and Adhesive-Backed Sparkle Gems, all of which I’m super excited about after seeing them in person!
8. Everything else – There are still a few items that I want to order, but the one thing is a good sentiment stamp set! There has not been one set that jumped out at me, so I will be taking some time to consider which one to order that will work best for me. With that being said, you may see from time to time a recently retired stamp set.
Now, for today’s card!
Mother’s Day is just a little over a week away and I’ve got to get mine in the mail ASAP! For my first card, I paired the Cheerful Daisies Bundle, Fresh as a Daisy DSP, Country Bouquet stamp set, and the recently retired Daffodil Daydream stamp set (for the Mother’s Day sentiment) for this beautiful card! I used one sheet of the Fresh as a Daisy DSP to quickly make six cards for friends and family, which can easily be used for any occasion by simply changing the sentiment for the inside of the card!
The base layer is this design from the Fresh as a Daisy DSP, cut into six 4” x 5 ¼” base layers for the card front and six ¾” x 4” strips of the inside of the card:
For the rest of the card front, you will need:
1. Using Basic White cardstock, use the two detailed daisy petal dies to die-cut out one of each and stamp the sentiment from Country Bouquet in Copper Clay ink and use the smallest layering Countryside Corners Die to die-cut out.
2. Use the two daisy outline dies (that coordinate with the two detailed daisy petal dies) to die-cut out one of each from Vellum cardstock.
3. Use the third from the smallest layering Countryside Corners Die to die-cut out of Pretty Peacock cardstock and use the Exposed Brick 3D Embossing Folder to dry emboss.
4. Cut a 3 ¼” piece of the Copper Clay Textured Ribbon.
5. Use the branch die from the Cheerful Daisy Dies to die-cut out of Wild Wheat cardstock.
6. You will need one each of the Wild Wheat 6mm and 5mm In Color Dots, not pictured.
To assemble the card front, apply adhesive to the back of the sentiment, place the Wild Wheat die-cut to the back, place this piece to the embossed Pretty Peacock die-cut, and fold the Copper Clay ribbon in half and adhere to the back of the embossed die-cut cardstock as shown. I used liquid glue to adhere the daisy die-cuts together, used the Wild Wheat In Color Dots for the daisy centers, adhered them to the card front centerpiece as shown, and used dimensionals to adhere this piece to the DSP base layer. This completed piece is adhered to a 5 ½” x 8 ½”, scored at 4 ¼”, Pebbled Path cardstock card base:
For the inside, cut a piece of Basic White cardstock at 4” x 5 ¼”, stamp the sentiment from Daffodil Daydreams (R) in Copper Clay ink and adhere the ¾” x 4” strip of DSP along the bottom:
For the coordinating Basic White Medium Envelope, stamp the outline daisy stamp in Smoky Slate ink, the second step solid stamp in Lemon Lolly ink, and the center stamp in Copper Clay ink:
While making this card, I discovered that I LOVE the Pretty Peacock and Copper Clay color combination and Pebbled Path may just become my new favorite neutral! I will admit I was super sad that the Stitched Rectangle Dies retired, but the Countryside Corners Dies are a great replacement! It was super fun to be back in my craft room, which I was able to get cleaned up and organized with new products from the 2023 – 2024 Annual Catalog! Don’t forget, I made six of these cards, so the tutorial is just for one card.
Live in the USA? I would love to be your demonstrator! Contact me today to learn more about purchasing Stampin’ Up! products, hosting a party, joining my team or if you would like a complimentary catalog!
You can head over to my online store by clicking the Shop Now! button at the very top to see all available products.
I hope today’s project inspires you to get creative! Please contact me if you have any questions about the products used on this or any other project. I hope you enjoyed today’s blog and thanks for stopping by!