Hello and welcome to today’s blog post, which features the Nothing’s Better Than stamp set, Love You More Than dies, and the new Plenty of Patterns Decorative Masks! While I have the Basic Patterns Decorative Masks (not that I use them very often…), I thought the new Plenty of Patterns is pretty cool! I played around with them for a minute, but when I saw the pattern that I used for today’s card, I automatically thought “mermaid tail”! Then I thought how cool would that turn out if I used the Pearlescent Specialty Paper??
The base layer is the Pearlescent Specialty Paper, cut at 4” x 5 ¼”, and I used Blending Brushes to apply Just Jade (top), Balmy Blue (middle), and Fresh Freesia (bottom) inks with this mask design. TIP-the paper may still be a little wet in places (that all depends on the amount of ink you use to blend on the paper), so carefully remove the mask, and use the lowest setting on your heat tool to lightly dry the ink on the paper, otherwise the ink will smear on the paper if wet:
For the card front, you will need:
1. Use the flower die from In the Tropics Dies to die-cut out one each of Just Jade, Balmy Blue, and Fresh Freesia cardstocks. Place one 4mm Rhinestone Basic Jewel in the middle of each die-cut flower.
2. Use this shaped die from the Tasteful Labels Die to die-cut out of Smoky Slate cardstock.
3. Stamp these sentiments from Nothing’s Better Than stamp set in Versamark ink on Basic Black cardstock, heat set with White Embossing Powder, and use snips to cut out as shown.
4. On Basic White cardstock, stamp the cocktail glass in Smoky Slate ink two times, stamp the second-step umbrella stamp in Just Jade ink, the second-step wedge stamp in Daffodil Delight ink, the second-step drink stamp in Fresh Freesia ink for one and Balmy Blue ink for the other, and lightly use your Wink of Stella pen on both of these drinks. These are both then die-cut out with the coordinating die.
5. Place some adhesive sheet on the back of a piece of Fresh Freesia cardstock and use the “cocktail” die to die-cut out.
I used a Fine Tip Glue Pen to adhere the fussy cut sentiments to the Smoky Slate die-cut cardstock, removed the adhesive backing to adhere the die-cut word to the Smoky Slate die-cut cardstock, and then used dimensionals to adhere this to the base layer as shown:
The die-cut cocktails are adhered with dimensionals and the die-cut flowers are adhered with glue dots as shown:
This completed piece is adhered to a Smoky Slate cardstock card base, cut at 5 ½” x 8 ½”, and scored at 4 ¼”:
For the inside, cut a piece of Basic White cardstock at 4” x 5 ¼”, stamp the sentiment in Fresh Freesia ink, and stamp the cocktail in the bottom corner, using the same inks as the one from the card front:
Are you ready for a tropical vacation?? At first, I was going to pair the base layer with the Timeless Tropical stamp set and In the Tropics dies, but I just could not figure out a design/color combination that I liked, so I ultimately decided to use the Nothing’s Better Than stamp set and coordinating Love You More Than dies! I think it turned out pretty cute, how about you?
Live in the USA? I would love to be your demonstrator! Contact me today to learn more about purchasing Stampin’ Up! products, hosting a party, joining my team or if you would like a complimentary catalog!
You can head over to my online store by clicking the Shop Now! button at the very top to see all available products.
I hope today’s project inspires you to get creative! Please contact me if you have any questions about the products used on this or any other project. I hope you enjoyed today’s blog and thanks for stopping by!