Hello and welcome to today’s blog post, which kicks off my week of the Sand & Sea Suite Week! If you know me or have been following my blog for a while, you know that the beach is my happy place! So, when I saw this suite in the 2021 Mini Catalog, I was in love! Honestly, if I were ever able to create a stamp set, the Friends are Like Seashells stamp set is pretty darn close! To start off the week, I thought I would show you a fun and easy way to make two cards from the large Seaside Seashells Die and get some warm vibes started!!
To start, I chose this design from the Sand & Sea DSP. I cut one 4” strip and along the 12” side, I first cut at 5 ¼” with the So Saffron at the 5 ¼” mark, flipped the DSP so the Seaside Spray (which looks a lot like Misty Moonlight) is at the 5 ¼” mark. This will leave you with a 1 ½” x 4” piece, which I cut in half for two pieces at ¾” x 4”, which will be used for the inside of the card:
I first used the large Seaside Seashells Die to die-cut from the Pearlescent Specialty Paper, used my Stamparatus to line up the coordinating seashell stamps, and stamped them in Soft Suede ink. TIP-since this is a specialty paper, the ink does not dry right away, so I used my Heat Tool to help the ink dry faster:
This is a two-step stamp set, so for the two smaller shells, I used the second step stamp in So Saffron ink (stamping off first), the next sized shell in Blushing Bride ink (stamping off first), and the largest shell in Seaside Spray ink (stamping off first). I then lined up the die-cut paper in the coordinating Seashells 3D Embossing Folder for the finished paper:
I then used my snips to cut apart the shells, which gave me quite a bit of stamped/embossed images to work with:
For both card fronts, you will need:
1. Stamp each sentiment from Friends are Like Seashells on Very Vanilla cardstock in Misty Moonlight ink, use the dotted (or splatter or sand) to stamp the background of the sentiments in Seaside Spray ink, and die cut out with the second largest sentiment die from Stitched So Sweetly Dies.
2. On Soft Sea Foam cardstock, stamp two each of the seagrass in Soft Sea Foam ink, and die-cut out with the coordinating dies (one set for each card).
3. On Very Vanilla cardstock, stamp the sand dollar in Soft Suede ink two times, use the middle Water Painters brush to watercolor wash So Saffron ink, and die-cut out with the coordinating die (one for each card).
4. On Very Vanilla cardstock, stamp the starfish in Soft Suede ink two times, use the middle Water Painters brush to watercolor wash Blushing Bride ink, and die-cut out with the coordinating die (one for each card).
5. On Very Vanilla cardstock, stamp the seashell in Soft Suede ink two times, use the middle Water Painters brush to watercolor wash Seaside Spray ink, and die-cut out with the coordinating die (one for each card).
6. For each card, you will need two of the 5mm and one of the 6mm Opal Rounds, not pictured.
For the first card, I chose two of the larger seashells to adhere to the DSP base layer, using adhesive in the middle of the back of the shell. I then just randomly placed/adhered the rest of the stamped/watercolor washed die-cuts:
I then adhered one of the die-cut sentiments with dimensionals and placed the Opal Rounds as shown:
For the second card, I started with these two shells to adhere to the DSP base layer and randomly placed/adhered the rest of the die-cuts:
The other die-cut sentiment is adhered with dimensionals and placed the Opal Rounds as shown:
Each of these are adhered to a Sahara Sand cardstock card base, cut at 4 ¼” x 11”, and scored at 5 ½”:
The inside sentiment is the same for both cards, cut a piece of Very Vanilla at 4” x 5 ¼”, stamp the sentiment from Friends are Like Seashells in Misty Moonlight ink, and I used the opposite side of the ¾” x 4” DSP piece to adhere along the bottom:
I have been chomping at the bit to place with this suite!! Forget about cards (j/k), this suite is perfect for scrapbooking!! Aside from last year, we normally vacation with family and friends in the Outer Banks and I have soooooooo many pictures that would look so stinking cute scrapbooked with this suite!
Live in the USA? I would love to be your demonstrator! Contact me today to learn more about purchasing Stampin’ Up! products, hosting a party, joining my team or if you would like a complimentary catalog!
You can head over to my online store by clicking the Shop Now! button at the very top to see all available products.
I hope today’s project inspires you to get creative! Please contact me if you have any questions about the products used on this or any other project. I hope you enjoyed today’s blog and thanks for stopping by!
One thought on “Sand & Sea Suite Week!”
This is an amazing card with a very detailed PDF. Thanks for sharing.