Hello and welcome to the Stamp It Group’s Easter Blog Hop! My name is Christina Miller and you are visiting my blog, Christina’s Creative Corner. Whether this is your first stop on the blog hop tour or you have hopped on over from another blog, thank you for letting me share my card creation with you today!
When Stampin’ Up! brought back the Hey Chick stamp set and introduced the Chick Dies this year, I decided that I would create my Easter cards based off of one die, the double egg die. I didn’t know what, who, how, or even when I would figure this out, but I was going to somehow, someway! I wanted to create my own fun version for Easter, so I put my creative cap on, went through stamps, dies, and punches for this “fairly” easy card!
The base layer is Basic White cardstock, cut at 4” x 5 ¼”, and I used my Blending Brushes with Balmy Blue and Pear Pizzazz inks for the sky and grass. From the My Meadow stamp set, I used the two cloud stamps to heat emboss in White Emboss Powder and the larger grass blades stamp in Pear Pizzazz ink:
For the rest of the card front, you will need:
1. Using the pineapple top die from In the Tropics, I die-cut two pieces each from Garden Green and Soft Sea Foam cardstocks. I used the very top of the die when die-cutting, making one piece slightly larger than the other.
2. The bunny ears were made by using the Daisy Punch on Basic White cardstock and the Medium Daisy Punch on Blushing Bride cardstock. I cut each petal off of the Blushing Bride piece and used liquid glue to adhere to the petals of the Basic White piece. I then used my snips to cut just two of the petals, creating the bunny ears.
3. The chick egg from Hey Chick is stamped on Basic White cardstock three times and die-cut out with the coordinating Chick Dies. The feet are colored in with Light Pumpkin Pie Stampin’ Blends and I used the edge of the polka dot stamp from Pattern Play to stamp each one in Highland Heather, Blushing Bride, and Pool Party inks.
4. I used the sign post die from the Chick Dies to die-cut from Sahara Sand cardstock, the embossed parts of the sign are lined with the fine-tip end of my Crumb Cake Stampin’ Write Marker, and the sentiment from Hey Chick is stamped in Memento ink.
5. I stamped the polka dot stamp from Pattern Play on Highland Heather, Blushing Bride, and Pool Party cardstock in Versamark ink, heat set in White Emboss Powder, and die-cut out with the egg die from the Chick Dies. Since this die-cuts out two eggs, one will be for the card front and the other will be for the inside.
I adhered the die-cut “grass” off-set from each layer, alternating between the two colors, and then adhered the bunny ears and sign to the back of this. TIP-I used my Silicone Craft Sheet when gluing the pieces/layers together as I can get a little messy:
I adhered this completed piece to the base layer, the die-cut eggs around the bottom, and the die-cut chick eggs as shown:
This completed piece is adhered to a Pool Party cardstock card base, cut at 5 ½” x 8 ½”, and scored at 4 ¼”:
For the inside, cut a piece of Basic White cardstock at 4” x 5 ¼”, stamp the sentiment from Timeless Tulips in Pool Party ink, and adhere the other die-cut eggs in the corners as shown:
I just love how this super cute Easter card turned out!! When you create your own card by using a combination of stamp and dies, can be not only challenging, but also fun, it’s all about your imagination! The Hey Chick stamp set and coordinating Chick Dies will be retiring and you only have until May 3rd, 2021, or while supplies last!
Live in the USA? I would love to be your demonstrator! Contact me today to learn more about purchasing Stampin’ Up! products, hosting a party, joining my team or if you would like a complimentary catalog!
You can head over to my online store by clicking the Shop Now! button at the very top to see all available products.
I hope today’s project inspires you to get creative! Please contact me if you have any questions about the products used on this or any other project. I hope you enjoyed today’s blog and thanks for stopping by!
This month’s giveaway:
The winner from last month’s Spring Fling Blog Hop is:
Don’t forget to scroll down to leave your FIRST and LAST name and a comment with the #stampitcontest and keep hopping on the blog hop tour: