Hello and welcome to today’s blog post, which is a quick and easy card featuring the Dragonfly Garden Bundle and the Dandy Garden 6” x 6” DSP! Using both sides of one design, two punches, and a little heat embossing, makes for a super cute card! Don’t forget about the Ladybug Trinkets, these are so adorable and easy to adhere to any of your cards with a glue dot!
I used this design from the Dandy Garden DSP, first cut ¾” off one side, turn, and then cut at 4” along the 6” side for three pieces measuring 4” x 5 ¼”, 2” x 5 ¼”, and ¾” x 6”. You will be using both of the larger two pieces for the base layer:
For the rest of the card front, you will need:
1. On Mossy Meadow cardstock, stamp one of the dragonfly stamps from Dragonfly Garden in Versamark ink and heat set with Gold Emboss powder, punching out with the coordinating Dragonflies Punch.
2. On Mossy Meadow cardstock, stamp the sentiment from Dragonfly Garden in Versamark ink, heat set with Gold Emboss Powder, and punch out with the smaller oval from the Double Oval Punch.
3. Use the larger scalloped oval from the Double Oval Punch to punch out of Basic Black cardstock, this will be layered under the above sentiment piece.
4. Cut a ½” x 5 ½” strip of the Blushing Bride Foil from the Love You Always Foil Sheets.
5. You will need one of the Ladybug Trinkets.
I adhered the ½” foil sheet along the top of the striped 2” x 5 ¼” piece of DSP, adhered this piece to the lower half of the 4” x 5 ¼” piece of DSP, and then trimmed off the excess foil. Tip-I used my grid paper and just “eyeballed” laying the striped DSP on top of the foil sheet strip and cutting the foil sheet strip just a little longer helps me not to worry about making sure the length is exact, just trimming off the excess:
I adhered the layered sentiment to the DSP, adhering the Ladybug Trinket with a glue dot, and using dimensionals to adhere the embossed dragonflies, as shown. This completed piece is adhered to a Basic Black cardstock card base, cut at 5 ½” x 8 ½”, and scored at 4 ¼”:
For the inside, cut a piece of Basic White cardstock at 4” x 5 ¼”, stamp the sentiment in Mossy Meadow ink, and adhere the ¾” strip of DSP along the bottom, trimming off the excess:
How easy was that?? What do you think of that little peek of Blushing Bride Foil? I had this little strip sitting off on the side and thought “what would this look like? Probably not good…” But, I actually like it! I was going to use a piece of the Sahara Sand foil, but I liked this better! Goes to show you, experiment because you just never know!
Live in the USA? I would love to be your demonstrator! Contact me today to learn more about purchasing Stampin’ Up! products, hosting a party, joining my team or if you would like a complimentary catalog!
You can head over to my online store by clicking the Shop Now! button at the very top to see all available products.
I hope today’s project inspires you to get creative! Please contact me if you have any questions about the products used on this or any other project. I hope you enjoyed today’s blog and thanks for stopping by!