Hello and welcome to today’s blog post, which is my final card this week featuring the Oh So Ombre 6” x 6” DSP! Today’s card feature’s the new A Cut Above stamp set, Stitched Rectangles Dies, Banners Pick a Punch, and Stampin’ Blends for some coloring therapy! Now I did get the A Cut Above stamp set (Jan-June 2021 Mini Catalog) for my Father’s Day cards this year, but I thought it would be fun to change things up and make a masculine themed birthday card!
The base layer is this Bermuda Bay design from the Oh So Ombre DSP, cutting the 6” x 6” piece at ¾” x 6”, 2” x 5 ¼”, and 4” x 5 ¼” (horizontal), which the 4” x 5 ¼” piece will be your base layer:
For the card front, you will need:
1. Use the fourth from the smallest Stitched Rectangles Dies to die-cut from Basic White cardstock, I used my Stamparatus to stamp the image in Memento ink, and colored in with Stampin’ Blends, breakdown of colors used below.
2. Use the fifth from the smallest Stitched Rectangles Dies to die-cut from Basic Gray cardstock, this will be layered under the above piece.
3. Cut a ½” x 3 ¼” piece of Night of Navy cardstock, stamp the sentiment in Versamark ink, heat set with White Embossing Powder, and use the Banners Pick a Punch on each end.
Stampin’ Blends Colors:
1. Granny Apple Green-tree leaves and grass (light and dark), and lime wedge on drink (light).
2. Cinnamon Cider-tree trunks (light and dark) and bird beak (light).
3. Bermuda Bay-shirt (light).
4. Night of Navy-shorts (light).
5. Poppy Parade-bird (light) and drink and pillow (dark).
6. Balmy Blue-sky (light and dark).
7. Smoky Slate-hammock (light and dark) and straw (light).
9. Ivory-skin tone, avoiding eye area.
10. Petal Pink-eye area (light).
Adhere the stitched rectangle layers together, use mini dimensionals to adhere the sentiment along the bottom, and adhere the layered die-cuts to the middle of the DSP base layer:
This completed piece is adhered to a Night of Navy cardstock card base, cut at 5 ½” x 8 ½”, and scored at 4 ¼”:
For the inside, cut a piece of Basic White cardstock at 4” x 5 ¼”, stamp the sentiment in Night of Navy ink, the sun in Daffodil Delight ink, the clouds in Bermuda Bay ink (three times without reinking), and adhere the ¾” x 6” strip of DSP along the bottom, trimming off the excess:
Isn’t this a super cute card?? Did you also notice that the shorts, shirt, and hammock tie into the colors used: Night of Navy, Bermuda Bay, and Basic Gray? I used three sheets of the DSP to make three birthday cards that are ready to go! Of course, the 2” x 5 ¼” strip will be used on the envelope flap when these are addressed and ready to mail out!
If you love this DSP, don’t forget that this can be earned for free with a $50 (USD) product purchase now thru February 28th, 2021!!
Live in the USA? I would love to be your demonstrator! Contact me today to learn more about purchasing Stampin’ Up! products, hosting a party, joining my team or if you would like a complimentary catalog!
You can head over to my online store by clicking the Shop Now! button at the very top to see all available products.
I hope today’s project inspires you to get creative! Please contact me if you have any questions about the products used on this or any other project. I hope you enjoyed today’s blog and thanks for stopping by!