Hello and welcome to today’s blog post, which is a super quick and easy card made with the Snow Front stamp set! This stamp set is one of my favorites because it is so easy to create a variety of sceneries for your Christmas and Winter themed cards! Using just a few colors is a quick and easy way to stamp with this set and if you add some DSP, embellishments, and ribbon, you have a beautiful card!
The base layer is this design from the Snowflake Splendor DSP, cut at 4” x 5 ¼”:
For the card front, you will need:
1. Cut a 2” x 5 ¼” piece of Whisper White cardstock for the scenery, step-by-step directions will be below.
2. Seven of the Just Jade Adhesive-Backed Snowflakes.
3. Enough of the Old Olive/Pretty Peacock Ribbon to either tie around the DSP base layer into a bow OR cut a piece of the ribbon long enough to go across the DSP base layer with the ends adhered to the back and make a bow to adhere with a glue dot.
To create the scenery:
1. I first started with the mountains in Pool Party ink (stamping off first) along the top, only the bottom half of the mountains stamped on the cardstock.
2. Then stamp the large pine tree and the pine trees on the slope in Pretty Peacock ink (stamping off first), stamp the deer in Early Espresso ink, and the pond or lake stamp in Pool Party ink (stamping off first).
3. Use the smallest single pine tree stamp in Just Jade ink (stamping off first) to stamp multiple times to fill in behind the single large pine tree and the pine trees on the slope. I added some shimmer to the pond with some Wink of Stella.
I adhered the scenery about ¾” down from the top of the DSP base layer, tie or adhere the ribbon across the bottom, and place the 7 Adhesive-Backed Snowflakes as shown. This completed piece is adhered to a Pretty Peacock cardstock card base, cut at 5 ½” X 8 ½”, scored at 4 ¼”:
For the inside, cut a piece of Whisper White cardstock at 4” x 5 ¼”, stamp the sentiment from Itty Bitty Christmas in Pretty Peacock ink, adhere the ¾” x 4” strip of DSP along the side, and stamp the deer in Early Espresso ink in the corner:
This is such an easy card to make and use up a 12” x 12” piece of DSP, giving you six cards!! This is also a great way to use up your ribbon, I hardly used the Old Olive/Pretty Peacock Ribbon (that carried over into the new annual catalog) since it has come out! Since I have a hard time tying bows, I opted for the two separate pieces, however, this worked because I really wanted the Pretty Peacock side of the ribbon to show!
Live in the USA? I would love to be your demonstrator! Contact me today to learn more about purchasing Stampin’ Up! products, hosting a party, joining my team or if you would like a complimentary catalog!
You can head over to my online store by clicking the Shop Now! button at the very top to see all available products.
I hope today’s project inspires you to get creative! Please contact me if you have any questions about the products used on this or any other project. I hope you enjoyed today’s blog and thanks for stopping by!
2 thoughts on “Winter scenery with Snow Front stamp set!”
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank you very much!!