Hello and welcome to today’s blog post, which is a fun winter themed Christmas card featuring products from the Snowflake Splendor Suite and the Itty Bitty Christmas stamp set with the coordinating Christmas Layers Dies! Whether it’s the detailed snowflake dies or the outline snowflake dies (that die-cut the stamped snowflake images), there are so many possibilities, right? Well imagine my surprise that the largest detail snowflake die is actually for die-cutting paper and not a detailed snowflake? I really didn’t look closely at the die, which if I had I would have noticed that the detail was different, and I was going to use this die to create a large layered snowflake, but….yeah, that’s not what it does! Lol So, that was put aside since it was not what I wanted for the card I was working on at the time and to come back to at a later date. This large snowflake die really is beautiful, with all the little detail cuts, and I decided to pair it with a design from the Snowflake Splendor DSP that would show it off!
For the base layer, I chose this design from the Snowflake Splendor DSP and centered the die about 1” from the bottom in the middle of the DSP:
For the rest of the card front, you will need:
1. On a scrap piece of Whisper White cardstock, heat emboss the sentiment from Itty Bitty Christmas in Silver Embossing Powder, and punch out with the Classic Label Punch.
2. Cut a ¾” x 2 ½” piece of Night of Navy cardstock and use the rounded end side of the Lovely Labels Pick a Punch on each end. This will be layered under the sentiment piece.
3. Cut a 6” piece of the Snowflake Splendor Ribbon.
4. Cut a 3” x 3 ½” piece of Champagne Foil Sheet, this will be layered behind the die-cut snowflake on the DSP base layer.
5. I used a scrap piece of Champagne Foil Sheet, with the Adhesive Sheet on the back, to die-cut the small snowflake from the Christmas Layers Dies.
6. One of the lighter 6mm Blue Adhesive-Backed Gems, not pictured.
I used a little bit of adhesive on the backside of the DSP base layer to adhere the Champagne Foil Sheet behind the snowflake and adhered the ribbon along the bottom, with the ends to the back of the DSP. This piece is adhered to a Night of Navy cardstock card base, cut at 4 ¼” x 11”, and scored at 5 ½”:
The layered sentiment is adhered with mini dimensionals over the ribbon, the lighter 6mm Blue Adhesive-Backed Gem is placed in the middle of the snowflake, and remove the adhesive backing from the Champagne Foil snowflakes to place as shown:
For the inside, cut a piece of Whisper White cardstock at 4” x 5 ¼”, stamp the sentiment from Itty Bitty Christmas in Night of Navy ink, the snowflake from Snowflake Wishes in Balmy Blue ink, and adhere the ¾” x 4” piece of DSP along the bottom:
Isn’t this a beautiful die?? If you have enough of the foil sheets, you could make that your base layer and cut the DSP down to 3 ¾” x 5”. Another fun alternative is to use the different snowflake dies and “build” a layered snowflake! I just may actually try that, so stay tuned!!
Live in the USA? I would love to be your demonstrator! Contact me today to learn more about purchasing Stampin’ Up! products, hosting a party, joining my team or if you would like a complimentary catalog!
You can head over to my online store by clicking the Shop Now! button at the very top to see all available products.
I hope today’s project inspires you to get creative! Please contact me if you have any questions about the products used on this or any other project. I hope you enjoyed today’s blog and thanks for stopping by!