Hello and welcome to today’s blog post, which is a fun and easy “one sheet wonder” birthday card featuring the Gilded Autumn Specialty DSP! During this time of year, we spend a lot of time crafting and card making for the holidays, but we still need birthday cards to send out to family and friends. So rather than switching gears (and products) to create birthday cards, I’m going to show you a quick and easy way to make six cards with your fall themed products and the Itty Bitty Birthday stamp set!
Your base layer is this design from Gilded Autumn Specialty DSP, cutting the 12” x 12” DSP into six 4” x 5 ¼” base layers and six ¾” x 4” strips. I cut the base layer at 2 ½” (measuring from the bottom) and used the opposite design for the bottom half:
For the card front, you will need:
1. Stamp the sentiment from Itty Bitty Birthdays in Merry Merlot ink on Very Vanilla cardstock and die-cut out with the third smallest Stitched Nested Labels.
2. Using the fourth smallest Stitched Nested Label, die-cut from Crumb Cake cardstock, this will be layered under the above sentiment die-cut.
3. Cut a ½” x 4 ¼” piece of Merry Merlot cardstock and emboss with the Tasteful Textile 3D Embossing Folder.
4. Cut a 5” piece of the copper metallic ribbon from the Basket Weave & Metallic Ribbon Combo Pack.
5. Use the largest leaf accent die from Forever Flourishing Dies to die-cut out of copper Brushed Metallic cardstock.
6. Three of the 3mm Champagne Rhinestone Jewels, not pictured.
I used my grid paper to line up the cut DSP, placed adhesive on the back of the embossed Merry Merlot cardstock, and placed it over the middle of the DSP cut. I trimmed the excess Merry Merlot off the ends, placed some adhesive on the back of the DSP base layer to adhere the ends of the copper ribbon, which is placed across the middle of the Merry Merlot embossed cardstock strip:
The copper cardstock leaf is adhered to the back of the layered sentiment and this is adhered over the ribbon and cardstock strip with dimensionals. I placed the Champagne Rhinestone Jewels as shown:
This completed piece is adhered to a Merry Merlot cardstock card base, cut at 4 ¼” x 11”, and scored at 5 ½”:
For the inside, cut a piece of Very Vanilla cardstock at 4” x 5 ¼”, stamp the sentiment from Itty Bitty Birthdays in Merry Merlot ink, and adhere the ¾” x 4” strip of DSP along the bottom:
This is such a beautiful birthday card that was easy to make! Can you believe this is the first time I’ve used this beautiful copper ribbon?? That’s my problem right there, ribbon! I love it, I buy it, but I just end up not using it for some reason! I’m at that point were when I do use up a spool of ribbon, I feel SO ACCOMPLISHED!! Lol I’m not a hoarder, I swear!!
Live in the USA? I would love to be your demonstrator! Contact me today to learn more about purchasing Stampin’ Up! products, hosting a party, joining my team or if you would like a complimentary catalog!
You can head over to my online store by clicking the Shop Now! button at the very top to see all available products.
I hope today’s project inspires you to get creative! Please contact me if you have any questions about the products used on this or any other project. I hope you enjoyed today’s blog and thanks for stopping by!