Hello and welcome to today’s blog post, which is a detailed Fall themed card using the Gather Together Bundle, Gilded Autumn Specialty DSP, Hammered Metal 3D Embossing Folder, and an Acorn Trinket! Believe it or not, this card started out as a “happy accident” when I was experimenting with the large leaf and coloring with Stampin’ Blends! I just love the Cinnamon Cider Stampin’ Blends, to me they are perfect for coloring leaves, then I decided to add the Light Mint Macaron Stampin’ Blend to just experiment, and just loved how the colors looked on the leaf! So, this card started out with the leaf and I added all the little details for this beautiful card!
The base layer is this design from the Gilded Autumn Specialty DSP, cut at 4” x 5 ¼”:
For the card front, you will need:
1. Cut a piece of Linen Thread long enough to tie the Acorn Trinket in a knot in the middle and then tie into a bow around the Mint Macaron Basket Weave Ribbon (Basket Weave & Metallic Ribbon Combo Pack).
2. Cut a 2” x 4” piece of the copper Brushed Metallic Cardstock and emboss with the Hammered Metal 3D Embossing Folder.
3. Cut a 4 ½” (or so) piece of the Mint Macaron Basket Weave Ribbon from the Basket Weave & Metallic Ribbon Combo Pack.
4. On a piece of Very Vanilla cardstock, stamp the large leave from Gather Together in Shaded Spruce ink, color out from the ends with Dark Cinnamon Cider Stampin’ Blends, blend and color out with the Light Cinnamon Cider Stampin’ Blends, and use the Light Mint Macaron Stampin’ Blends to color the middle and blend with the Light Cinnamon Cider. This will be die-cut out with the coordinating die.
5. Spritz water on scrap pieces of Cinnamon Cider, Crumb Cake, and Cajun Craze cardstock and use all three of the embossing/die-cutting leaf dies on one each of the cardstocks.
Adhere the embossed metallic cardstock across the middle of the base layer, adhere the middle of the ribbon to the middle of the embossed metallic cardstock, tie the Linen Thread into a bow around the basket weave ribbon, and then adhere the ends of the ribbon to the backside of the base layer DSP:
Adhere the large leaf with dimensionals to the ribbon, adhere one of the embossed leaves to the front, and then adhere the other two embossed leaves behind the large leaf:
This completed piece is adhered to a Crumb Cake cardstock card base, cut at 4 ¼” x 11”, and scored at 5 ½”:
For the inside, cut a piece of Very Vanilla cardstock at 4” x 5 ¼”, stamp the sentiment from Gather Together in Cinnamon Cider ink, and adhere a ¾” x 4” piece of cardstock along the bottom:
Don’t you love all the little details of this card? There’s metallic detail on the DSP, the embossed Brushed Metallic cardstock, the embossed/die-cut leaves, the Stampin’ Blends coloring, and the super cut Acorn Trinket! This card is super easy to make duplicates of and can be used for any occasion!
Live in the USA? I would love to be your demonstrator! Contact me today to learn more about purchasing Stampin’ Up! products, hosting a party, joining my team or if you would like a complimentary catalog!
You can head over to my online store by clicking the Shop Now! button at the very top to see all available products.
I hope today’s project inspires you to get creative! Please contact me if you have any questions about the products used on this or any other project. I hope you enjoyed today’s blog and thanks for stopping by!