Hello and welcome to today’s blog post, which is my first Fall themed card to kick off the Fall Season! Here in Coastal Virginia, the humidity has finally moved on and the weather is nice enough to open your windows to let fresh air in and inhale the fall scents! Today’s card features the Gilded Autumn Specialty Designer Series Paper, Brushed Metallic Cardstock, and the Gathered Leaves Dies! When I saw the Gilded Autumn DSP in the 2020 August-December Mini Catalog, I knew this would be perfect for my fall themed projects to share with you!
The base layer is this design from the Gilded Autumn Specialty DSP, cut at 4” x 5 ¼”:
For the rest of the card front, you will need:
1. Cut a 3 ¼” x 3 ½” piece of Crumb Cake cardstock, using the “hinge-step” technique with your Stamparatus to stamp the tree trunk stamp from Winter Woods in Early Espresso ink along the 3 ¼” side of the cardstock, and then use the third largest Stitched Rectangle Dies to cut out. Tip-the 3 ¼” side will be the top and bottom and I stamped each tree trunk three times in Early Espresso ink so it would be a nice and dark stamped image.
2. Use two of the leaves (can be any) from the Forever Gold Specialty DSP.
3. Use the largest embossing leaf die from the Gathered Leaves Dies to cut from a piece of Mossy Meadow cardstock, don’t forget to spritz with water first.
4. Use the smallest embossing leaf die from the Gathered Leaves Dies to cut from a piece of copper Brushed Metallic Cardstock.
5. Cut about a 7” piece each both ribbon and trim from the Forever Greenery Trim Combo Pack.
I used a small amount of adhesive for the gold leaves to adhere to the stamped cardstock and then used glue dots to adhere the cardstock leaves on top:
The leaves/cardstock are adhered to the base layer DSP and I tied the metallic trim and ribbon together into a knot, the knot is at the base of the leaves, and the ends of the ribbon and trim are adhered to the backside of the base layer DSP:
This completed piece is adhered to a Crumb Cake cardstock card base, cut at 4 ¼” x 11”, and scored at 5 ½”:
For the inside, cut a piece of Very Vanilla cardstock at 4” x 5 ¼”, stamp the sentiment from Lovely You in Cajun Craze ink, and adhere a ¾” x 4” piece of the same DSP design from the card front along the bottom:
Are you ready for Fall?? This is a great any occasion card or you can file this under your Thanksgiving card tutorials! I will be spending the month of October creating fall themed cards and crafts that can be used for Thanksgiving or any occasion!
Live in the USA? I would love to be your demonstrator! Contact me today to learn more about purchasing Stampin’ Up! products, hosting a party, joining my team or if you would like a complimentary catalog!
You can head over to my online store by clicking the Shop Now! button at the very top to see all available products.
I hope today’s project inspires you to get creative! Please contact me if you have any questions about the products used on this or any other project. I hope you enjoyed today’s blog and thanks for stopping by!