Hello and welcome to today’s blog post, which are a couple of cute and easy ways to decorate those treat bags! I don’t know about you, but whether it’s treats or presents, bags are my go-to because let’s face it, there is no fuss of wrapping and you can easily decorate the bag and make super cute tags! Since trick or treating will be different this year or maybe you just want to make a few bags to give out, I’m going to share a couple of different options to decorate those bags!
Starting with the bag on the left, use a 6” x 9” Cellophane Bag, which we will be making a flap to seal the bag with goodies:
For the flap, you will need:
1. A 4” x 6” piece of Magic in this Night DSP, scored at 2” along the 4” side, and use the Trio Detail Punch to round the corners.
2. Use the largest layering die from Halloween Magic Dies to cut out of Blackberry Bliss cardstock and emboss with the Cobwebs 3D Embossing Folder.
3. Stamp the large spider in Versamark ink on Basic Black cardstock, heat set with Silver Embossing Powder, and cut out with the coordinating die.
4. Stamp the sentiment in Versamark ink on Blackberry Bliss cardstock, heat set with Silver Embossing Powder, and punch out with the 1 ½” Circle Punch.
5. Use the 2” Circle Punch to punch out of Black Glitter Paper, this will be layered under the sentiment.
Assemble and adhere the embossed cardstock, spider, and sentiment layers as shown:
When you are ready, first fill the cellophane bag with candy (I used six pieces of candy), fold over 2” of the top of the bag, and place the DSP flap over the fold, and I used two staples to secure and close the bag:
I used two dimensionals on the DSP to adhere the embossed piece over the staples:
For the bag on the right, you will be making a tag to tie onto the bag. The bag I’m using is actually a retired 4” x 9” cellophane bag, but I chose to use this for two reasons. This bag is similar in size to the 4” x 7” Mosaic Cellophane Bags in the August – December Mini Catalog and the 3” x 9” Printed Cellophane Bags in the Annual Catalog and how you can decorate the 6” x 9” Cellophane Bag by stamping with Stazon ink. For this bag, I used the large spider stamp with Stazon ink on both sides of the bag:
For the tag, you will need:
1. Cut a 2” x 3” piece of Magic in this Night DSP and punch one end with the Scalloped Tag Topper Punch.
2. Cut a 1 ½” x 2” piece of Black Glitter Paper.
3. Cut a 1” x 3” piece of Whisper White cardstock, stamp the sentiment in Blackberry Bliss ink, use the squared side of the Lovely Labels Pick a Punch on each end, and use two of the 4mm Iridescent Pearls on each end as shown.
To assemble the tag, adhere the 1 ½” x 2” piece of Black Glitter Paper in the middle of the DSP tag base, and then adhere the sentiment piece in the middle of the Black Glitter Paper:
When you are ready, place your candies in the cellophane bag (I have six pieces in the bag), use about 12” of the Metallic Mesh Ribbon to tie the top of the cellophane bag, thread one of the ends of the ribbon thru the tag top, and then tie into a bow:
Both of these are fun and easy ways to dress up your cellophane bags! This is also a great way to use up your DSP and can be for any occasion! Depending on your treat bag needs, by that I mean size, if you opt for smaller bags, either of these toppers will work, the flap can still be done by just adjusting the size of the DSP.
Live in the USA? I would love to be your demonstrator! Contact me today to learn more about purchasing Stampin’ Up! products, hosting a party, joining my team or if you would like a complimentary catalog!
You can head over to my online store by clicking the Shop Now! button at the very top to see all available products.
I hope today’s project inspires you to get creative! Please contact me if you have any questions about the products used on this or any other project. I hope you enjoyed today’s blog and thanks for stopping by!