Hello and welcome to today’s card, which is a fun card for Halloween featuring the Everything Essential stamp set! This cute stamp set can be found in the 2020 August-December Mini Catalog (page 61) and has a coordinating punch! Halloween? Christmas? Valentine’s Day? This stamp set has you covered! I combined two of the Halloween stamps with the Halloween Magic Dies and the Magic in this Night DSP for this cute and easy card!
The base layer is this design from the Magic in this Night DSP, cut at 4” x 5 ¼”, which I cut the 12” x 12” down into six of these base layers and six ¾” x 4” strips:
For the card front, you will need:
1. A 7” piece of the Metallic Mesh Ribbon.
2. Stamp the pumpkin stamp on a piece of Whisper White cardstock in Memento ink and cut out using the fourth smallest Layering Square Die. The pumpkin is colored in with Dark Pumpkin Pie, Light Pumpkin Pie, Dark Mango Melody, and Light Daffodil Delight Stampin’ Blends and the background is colored in using Light Granny Apple Green Stampin’ Blends.
3. The spooky house is stamped on Whisper White cardstock in Memento ink and cut out with the fourth smallest Layering Square Die. The windows are colored in with Light Daffodil Delight, the trick or treat banner with Light Pumpkin Pie, and the background with Light Smoky Slate Stampin’ Blends.
4. Use the fifth largest scalloped Layering Square Die to cut out of Mango Melody cardstock. This will be layered behind the pumpkin.
5. Use the fifth largest scalloped Layering Square Die to cut out of Blackberry Bliss cardstock and emboss with the Brick & Mortar 3D Embossing Folder. This will be layered behind the spooky house.
6. Use the triple bat die to cut out of Black Glitter Paper.
The mesh ribbon will be across the middle of the base layer, with the ends adhered to the backside, and the base layer is adhered to a Pumpkin Pie cardstock card base, cut at 5 ½” x 8 ½”, and scored at 4 ¼”:
Adhere the two layered square pieces as shown with black dimensionals and the bats as shown with mini black dimensionals, cutting one in half for the two smaller bats:
For the inside, cut a piece of Whisper White cardstock at 4” x 5 ¼”, stamp the sentiment in Pumpkin Pie ink, and adhere the ¾” x 4” strip of DSP along the side:
Isn’t this a fun and easy card for Halloween? A little tip if you use the whole sheet of DSP like I did and made six cards, I first cut all the squares out from the Whisper White cardstock, used one of the negative pieces as a guide to put the die-cut back in, and used my Stamparatus to stamp each image six times. I do recommend that you use your Stamparatus if you are using Memento ink for these two stamps as sometimes those solid parts (the pumpkin mouth and house) don’t quite stamp a clean and solid image, so you will have to ink the stamp again. I also used the low setting on my heat tool to dry the cardstock before coloring with the blends.
Live in the USA? I would love to be your demonstrator! Contact me today to learn more about purchasing Stampin’ Up! products, hosting a party, joining my team or if you would like a complimentary catalog!
You can head over to my online store by clicking the Shop Now! button at the very top to see all available products.
I hope today’s project inspires you to get creative! Please contact me if you have any questions about the products used on this or any other project. I hope you enjoyed today’s blog and thanks for stopping by!