Hello and welcome to today’s card, which is a cute congratulations card! How often do you send a congratulatory card? Maybe not that often, but it’s always great to have a few on hand! This fun card features the Peaceful Moments, Painted Poppies, and the Flowers for Every Season 6” x 6” DSP! This also another great way to use up your DSP and combine other stamps sets to make a fabulous card!
The base layer is this design from the Flowers for Every Season 6” x 6” DSP, cut at 4” x 5 ¼” (you will first cut a ¾” strip off one side, turn, and cut at 4” along the 6” side, the three pieces will measure ¾” x 6”, 4” x 5 ¼”, and 2” x 5 ¼”):
For the card front, you will need:
1. The 2” X 5 ¼” piece of DSP, using the opposite side design.
2. Cut a 7” piece of the Whisper White Faux Linen Ribbon from the Flowers for Every Season Ribbon Combo Pack.
3. Stamp the sentiment from Peaceful Moments in Just Jade ink on Whisper White cardstock and use the second smallest rectangle from the Stitched Rectangles Dies.
4. Use the third smallest rectangle from the Stitched Rectangle Dies to cut out of Misty Moonlight cardstock, this will be layered under the die cut sentiment piece.
5. Use the “swirly circle” die from Painted Labels Dies to cut out of Vellum cardstock.
6. On Just Jade cardstock, use the leaf stamp from Painted Poppies to stamp in Shaded Spruce ink two times and cut out with the coordinating die.
7. Cut a 16” piece of the Misty Moonlight/silver Baker’s Twine from the Flowers for Every Season Ribbon Combo Pack, fold in half, tie into a bow, and snip the ends.
8. Use three of the Cinnamon Cider Enamel Dots, not shown.
Layer the stitched rectangle cardstock together and use glue dots to adhere the die cut leaves behind. Place a small amount of adhesive in the middle of the 2” DSP to adhere the ribbon across and adhere the ends to the backside:
Adhere the 2” piece of DSP in the middle of the DSP base layer and adhere the Vellum die cut piece to the ribbon as shown. Use dimensionals to adhere the die cut sentiment piece, a glue dot to adhere the baker’s twine bow, and place the three Cinnamon Cider Enamel Dots as shown. This completed piece is adhered to a Soft Suede cardstock card base, cut at 5 ½” x 8 ½”, and scored at 4 ¼”:
For the inside, cut a piece of Whisper White cardstock at 4” x 5 ¼” and adhere the ¾” strip of DSP along the bottom, snipping off the excess:
I made two “congratulations” and two “thank you” cards, below is the “thank you” card and I used the Banners Pick a Punch (2020 Aug-Dec Mini) on the sentiment pieces:
Fun and easy card to make! If you don’t have the Peaceful Moments Bundle, the stamp set has some great sentiments! But then, if you buy that bundle, I highly recommend the Painted Poppies Bundle too! The card making possibilities are endless when you combine them!!
Live in the USA? I would love to be your demonstrator! Contact me today to learn more about purchasing Stampin’ Up! products, hosting a party, joining my team or if you would like a complimentary catalog!
You can head over to my online store by clicking the Shop Now! button at the very top to see all available products.
I hope today’s project inspires you to get creative! Please contact me if you have any questions about the products used on this or any other project. I hope you enjoyed today’s blog and thanks for stopping by!