Hello and welcome to today’s card, which is a super cute and fun birthday card featuring the Playing with Patterns Suite! The Playful Alphabet Dies make personalizing your cards a breeze, so why not add some fun with the Balloon Bouquet Punch? You can easily put your recipients name spelled out on the balloons or you can do what I did and wish them “Happy Birth Day 2 U”! I was keeping with a more masculine theme with the colors of this card and since you punch two balloons using the Balloon Bouquet Punch, I made two cards (ok, you could just do one balloon if you are careful, but why not go ahead and make two??). At the end of this tutorial I will even show you how I made an alternative version with the opposite side of the DSP!
The base layer is this design from the Playing the Patterns 6” x 6” DSP, cutting ¾” off the bottom and then cutting the top at 4”. You will have the base layer at 4” x 5 ¼”, a ¾” x 6” strip, and a 2” x 5 ¼” piece of DSP:
For the card front, you will need:
1. Use the Balloon Bouquet Punch to punch out Crushed Curry, Night of Navy, Calypso Coral, Coastal Cabana, and Brass Foil Sheets. Since I made two cards, I alternated the small and large balloons.
2. Using the Playful Alphabet Dies, the H is in Brass Foil, the B is Crushed Curry, the D is Coastal Cabana, the 2 is Calypso Coral, and the U is Night of Navy cardstocks, placing some of the Adhesive Sheet on the back of the cardstock before die cutting. I also put the letters below the balloons so you will see how I paired them. Tip-this is a great way to use your scraps to die cut your letters and cutting smaller strips for the adhesive sheets.
3. Stamp the sentiment in Night of Navy ink on Whisper White cardstock and cut out with the second smallest layering Stitched So Sweetly Die.
4. Use the third smallest layering Stitched So Sweetly Die to cut out of Night of Navy cardstock, this will be layered under the Whisper White cardstock sentiment piece.
5. Enough of the Night of Navy and Coastal Cabana ribbon from the Playing with Patterns Ribbon Combo Pack to adhere vertically down the DSP base layer.
6. Use five of the 4mm (smallest) Crushed Curry Playing with Patterns Resin Dots, not pictured.
I first adhered the Coastal Cabana ribbon to the base layer and then adhered the Night of Navy ribbon on top:
I adhered the layered sentiment piece towards the bottom corner, arranged the balloons, adhered the smaller balloons with dimensionals, and adhered the larger balloons directly to the DSP:
I adhered the DSP base layer to a Night of Navy cardstock card base, cut at 4 ¼” x 11”, and scored at 5 ½”. I then adhered the resin dots as shown:
For the inside, cut a piece of Whisper White cardstock at 4” x 5 ¼”, stamp the sentiment in Night of Navy ink (I used my Stamparatus), stamp the dot stamp in Calypso Coral ink, and adhere the ¾” strip of DSP along the bottom, trimming the excess off:
Here are the two cards:
Now, I used the opposite side of the DSP to make two of these cards. I substituted Calypso Coral for Purple Posey, Brass Foil for Champagne Foil, and Crushed Curry resin dots for Coastal Cabana resin dots. I used the Purple Posy striped ribbon to tie into a bow and the Night of Navy Ribbon to tie around the center of the bow:
Aren’t these both cute and fun cards?? Personalizing the front with a name is a great alternative! Using Adhesive Sheets made applying the letters easy and mess free!!
Live in the USA? I would love to be your demonstrator! Contact me today to learn more about purchasing Stampin’ Up! products, hosting a party, joining my team or if you would like a complimentary catalog!
You can head over to my online store by clicking the Shop Now! button at the very top to see all available products.
I hope today’s project inspires you to get creative! Please contact me if you have any questions about the products used on this or any other project. I hope you enjoyed today’s blog and thanks for stopping by!