Hello and welcome to today’s card, which is my final card this week featuring the two sides of designer series paper! Even though we are right in the middle of summer, I couldn’t resist creating these two fall themed cards with the Rooted in Nature stamp set, Nature’s Roots Dies, and these cozy designs from the In Good Taste DSP! While both of these cards look like are a lot to make, they were very easy and a great way to bring out the “old” favorite, Rooted in Nature!
For card #1, I used this design from the In Good Taste DSP, cut at 4” x 5 ¼”, and embossed with the Old World 3D Embossing Folder:
For the card front, you will need:
1. Using the tree trunk stamp, I first inked with Crumb Cake ink, sponged Cinnamon Cider and Early Espresso inks, stamped on Very Vanilla cardstock, fussy cut out, and used the sponge dauber with Early Espresso ink along the edge.
2. Used the large leaf die to emboss and cut out of Early Espresso cardstock and Copper Foil Sheet.
3. Use the small leaf die to emboss and cut out of Crumb Cake cardstock.
4. Snip the ends of the ¾” x 4” DSP as shown, this is the other side’s design.
5. Cut a piece of Early Espresso Faux Suede Trim just slightly shorter than 4”, with the ends as shown.
6. For the sentiment, first ink in Versamark, then Cinnamon Cider ink, and stamp on Very Vanilla cardstock. Use Clear Emboss Powder, set with your heat tool, and use the second largest sentiment die from Stitched So Sweetly to cut out.
I first adhered the faux suede trim to the DSP strip and then adhered to the middle of the embossed base layer, the tree trunk and Early Espresso leaf are adhered to the base layer, with the small Crumb Cake leaf adhered on top, the die cut sentiment is adhered with dimensionals, and I put adhesive on the back of the Copper Foil leaf so I could slide it under the corner of the sentiment piece as shown:
This completed piece is adhered to a Cinnamon Cider cardstock card base, cut at 4 ¼” x 11”, and scored at 5 ½”:
For the inside, cut a piece of Very Vanilla cardstock at 4” x 5 ¼”, stamp the sentiment in Cinnamon Cider ink, and use the small leaf stamp along the side in Crumb Cake, Cinnamon Cider, and Early Espresso inks:
For card #2, this is the opposite sides design, cut at 4” x 5 ¼”:
For the card front, you will need:
1. About 15” of Braided Linen Trim.
2. Use the second largest layering Stitched So Sweetly die to cut out of Early Espresso cardstock.
3. The ¾” x 4” strip of DSP, use the opposite side design from the base layer.
4. Use the small leaf die cut and emboss two leaves from Bumblebee cardstock.
5. For the sentiment, first ink in Versamark and then in Calypso Coral ink to stamp on a piece of Very Vanilla cardstock, use Clear Emboss Powder and heat set, and use the largest sentiment die from the Stitched So Sweetly Dies.
I used some adhesive in the middle of the DSP base layer and then placed the Braided Linen Trim as shown:
For the sentiment piece, I adhered the DSP strip across the middle of the Early Espresso cardstock, adhere the two leaves to the corner of the sentiment and then adhere that on top. This is then adhered to the DSP base layer with dimensionals:
This completed piece is adhered to an Early Espresso cardstock card base, cut at 5 ½” x 8 ½”, and scored at 4 ¼”:
For the inside, cut a piece of Very Vanilla cardstock at 4” x 5 ¼” and stamp the small leaf in the corner in Bumblebee, Calypso Coral, and Early Espresso inks:
What do you think?? I just found some new color combinations for the new In Colors!! I know I kind of cheated with these cards by also using the Stitched So Sweetly Dies, but I recently purchased them and really wanted to try them out! With that being said, if you are looking for more sentiment type or layering dies, these are wonderful! I don’t always buy coordinating bundles, a lot of times I just like the dies and will buy them!
Live in the USA? I would love to be your demonstrator! Contact me today to learn more about purchasing Stampin’ Up! products, hosting a party, joining my team or if you would like a complimentary catalog!
You can head over to my online store by clicking the Shop Now! button at the very top to see all available products.
I hope today’s project inspires you to get creative! Please contact me if you have any questions about the products used on this or any other project. I hope you enjoyed today’s blog and thanks for stopping by!
2 thoughts on “The two sides of designer series paper-p3”
Your creations are fantastic and thank you for sharing. I am especially fond of the first one.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank you so much, I’m glad you enjoyed them!! 😁