Hello and welcome to today’s card, which is another fun and easy “two sides” of the In Good Taste DSP inspiration! I chose to feature the Painted Poppies Bundle because you can make a soft and subtle or a bright and cheery card with this wonderful designer series paper! Whether you purchased, or are thinking about purchasing, and are looking for designer series paper to also coordinate with the bundle, you are in luck! It’s fun to create your own “designer series paper” with stamps, ink, and cardstock, but sometimes it nice just to let designer series paper do the work for you!
For card #1, use this design from the In Good Taste DSP for the base layer, cut at 4” x 5 ¼”:
For the rest of the card front, you will need:
1. Enough Petal Pink Organdy Striped Ribbon to tie into a small bow.
2. One of the Square Vellum Doilies.
3. On Whisper White cardstock, stamp the large “watercolor wash” background (or fill in) stamp in Petal Pink ink three times, use Rococo Rose ink to stamp the large poppy two times and the small poppy once, cut out with the coordinating die, and use your Wink of Stella on the poppy petals for each.
4. Use the small splatter background (or fill in) stamp in Pear Pizzazz ink on Whisper White cardstock two times, stamp the leaf stamp in Old Olive ink two times, use your Wink of Stella on the leaf, and cut out with the coordinating die.
5. You will need two large and one small Champagne Rhinestone Basic Jewels, not pictured.
I placed a small amount of adhesive in the middle of the DSP base layer, placed the Square Vellum Doily so the corners are pointed to each side of the DSP (like a diamond), adhered the two leaves to the back of one of the large poppies, adhered those layered on top of the vellum doily, adhered the small poppy with dimensionals, adhered the organdy bow with glue dots, and placed the two large Champagne Rhinestones in the middle of the large poppies and the small Champagne Rhinestone in the middle of the small poppy:
This completed piece is adhered to a Rococo Rose cardstock card base, cut at 4 ¼” x 11”, and scored at 5 ½”:
For the inside, cut a piece of Whisper White cardstock at 4” x 5 ¼”, adhere the ¾” x 4” strip of DSP along the bottom, and stamp the small poppy as shown like the one from the card front:
For card #2, the is the other side design, cut at 4” x 5 ¼”:
For the card front, you will need:
1. Cut a piece of Whisper White cardstock at 2 ½” x 3 ½”, stamp the poppies stamp in Smoky Slate ink, and use Light Flirty Flamingo and Light Magenta Madness Stampin’ Blends to color in the poppies as shown.
2. Cut a piece of Magenta Madness cardstock at 2 ½” x 3 ¾” to be layered under the Whisper White cardstock.
3. Use the detailed die from Painted Labels Dies to cut two pieces from Magenta Madness cardstock.
4. Use Dark Magenta Madness Stampin’ Blends to color two of the small clear and Dark Flirty Flamingo Stampin’ Blends to color one large clear epoxy droplet from the Frosted & Clear Epoxy Droplets, not shown.
The two cut pieces of cardstock are layered together, use liquid glue to adhere the two detailed die cut cardstock pieces to the top and bottom (centering the best you can), use dimensionals to adhere it to the DSP base layer, and apply the colored epoxy droplets as shown:
This completed piece is adhered to a Smoky Slate cardstock card base, cut at 5 ½” x 8 ½”, and scored at 4 ¼”:
For the inside, cut a piece of Whisper White cardstock at 4” x 5 ¼” and adhere the ¾” x 4” piece of DSP along the side:
I just love how both of these cards have such different looks made with one stamp set! Magenta Madness can really give your cards a bright “pop” of color! Since I was only using the Painted Poppies stamp set and as you can see that it does not have any sentiment, I went ahead and left the inside blank of any sentiment. However, both of these cards can be used for any occasion, which is great for grabbing a card and using your favorite sentiment as needed!
Live in the USA? I would love to be your demonstrator! Contact me today to learn more about purchasing Stampin’ Up! products, hosting a party, joining my team or if you would like a complimentary catalog!
You can head over to my online store by clicking the Shop Now! button at the very top to see all available products.
I hope today’s project inspires you to get creative! Please contact me if you have any questions about the products used on this or any other project. I hope you enjoyed today’s blog and thanks for stopping by!