Hello and welcome to today’s card, which is the last Flowers for Every Season Fun Fold Week!! I chose to pair the classic easel card with the Celebrate Sunflowers Bundle to create an easy, but stunning card! I just love the sunflowers and making the large sunflower the focal point of this card and coordinating it with the DSP, is so effortless! I haven’t ordered the In Color Stampin’ Blends yet, so I sat down to figure out how to stamp and color the sunflower to really tie it into the DSP, as I was not going to use the large detailed die because I really wanted all the detail from the stamp to be seen and not hidden behind the detail die cut out.
You will start with this design from the Flowers for Every Season 6” x 6” DSP, cut ¾” off the bottom and then cut at 4” along the 6” side. You will have 4” x 5 ¼”, 2” x 5 ¼”, and ¾” x 6”. For this card, you will use the 4” x 5 ¼” for the base layer and the ¾” x 6” strip for the inside/blocker:
Your card base will be Cinnamon Cider cardstock, cut at 4 ¼” x 11” and score at 2 ¾” and at 5 ½”:
For the card front, you will need:
1. A piece of Cinnamon Cider cardstock, cut at 4 ¼” x 5 ½” to adhere the base layer to and to adhere the completed piece to the easel base.
2. The base layer DSP cut at 4” x 5 ¼”.
3. Stamp the leaf four times on Just Jade cardstock in Just Jade ink and cut out with the coordinating die.
4. Use the sunflower center to cut out of Cinnamon Cider cardstock and apply Wink of Stella.
5. Two 6” pieces of Just Jade gingham ribbon.
6. A 16” piece of Whisper White Faux Linen Ribbon.
7. On Thick Very Vanilla cardstock, stamp the sunflower in Saddle Brown Stazon Ink, color the whole sunflower with Light Daffodil Delight Stampin’ Blends, use the Dark Daffodil Delight Stampin’ Blends to color the lines on the petals, and lightly sponge Cinnamon Cider ink on the sunflower center. Cut out with the coordinating die.
Adhere two of the leaves on each side of the sunflower and the Cinnamon Cider cardstock to the center. I also used the small tip of the Dark DD Stampin’ Blend around the edge of the cardstock:
First adhere the base layer DSP to the cardstock base. Use some adhesive in the middle of the DSP and place the ribbon over the adhesive as shown:
Use glue dots to adhere the gingham ribbon as shown and then adhere the sunflower piece on top with dimensionals:
Adhere this completed piece to the bottom fold of the easel card base:
For the bottom of the easel, cut a piece of Whisper White cardstock at 4” x 5 ¼”, cut a piece of Cinnamon Cider cardstock at 1” x 4”, which is used to layer under the ¾” DSP strip, stamp the sentiment on Whisper White cardstock in Just Jade ink, cut out with the smallest layering Stitched Rectangle Die, and use the second smallest layering Stitched Rectangle Die to cut out Just Jade cardstock to layer under the sentiment piece:
I adhered the DSP and cardstock layer ½” from the edge of the cardstock and then adhered the layered sentiment piece, centered, which will be your blocker for the easel piece:
Here are a couple more views of the completed piece:
Isn’t this just a beautiful card?? It really was so easy to make and even thought I used Daffodil Delight Stampin’ Blends, I think it turned out pretty good! This really is a wonderful “any occasion” card and the sentiment couldn’t be better!
Live in the USA? I would love to be your demonstrator! Contact me today to learn more about purchasing Stampin’ Up! products, hosting a party, joining my team or if you would like a complimentary catalog!
You can head over to my online store by clicking the Shop Now! button at the very top to see all available products.
I hope today’s project inspires you to get creative! Please contact me if you have any questions about the products used on this or any other project. I hope you enjoyed today’s blog and thanks for stopping by!