Hello and welcome to today’s card, which kicks off my Playing with Patterns Suite week! Before I talk about how fun this suite is, can we take just a moment and talk about the Playful Alphabet Dies?? Not only do we now have smaller alphabet dies, which is awesome for creating your own sentiment, but we have NUMBERS!! Stampin’ Up! hasn’t had a number die set since the Large Numbers Framelits Dies retired a couple of years ago (I still have mine and use them for personal projects), so I was so excited to see the Playful Alphabet Dies in the new annual catalog! Another bonus to this die set, is that there are more than one of some letters, so that means you can die cut some words at one time!! Yay!! So, back to the suite, it really is a fun suite that you can use for a variety of occasions, not just for birthdays. However, I thought I would show you a quick and easy “masculine themed” card, which I know can be a struggle to make.
The base layer is this design from the Playing with Patterns 6” x 6” DSP, cut at 4” x 5 ¼”:
For the card front, you will need:
1. Heat emboss the sentiment from the Pattern Play stamp set in White Embossing Powder and punch out with the Tailored Tag Punch.
2. Cut about a 6” piece of the Coastal Cabana Ribbon from the Playing with Patterns Ribbon Combo Pack.
3. Use the Balloon Bouquet Punch to punch one large Smoky Slate, one large Crushed Curry, and one small Calypso Coral cardstock balloons.
4. Emboss the Smoky Slate balloon with the Tasteful Textures 3D EF, emboss the Crushed Curry balloon with the Absolutely Argyle 3D EF, and emboss the Calypso Coral balloon with the Hammered Metal 3D EF.
5. I used Linen Thread for each balloon for the ties and used my Bone Folder to “curl” the thread.
I used some adhesive on the DSP base layer to adhere the ribbon as shown:
I used dimensionals for the punched sentiment over the ribbon, adhesive for the Smoky Slate and Calypso Coral balloons, and a dimensional for the Crushed Curry balloon. This completed piece is adhered to a Night of Navy cardstock card base, cut at 4 ¼” x 11”, and scored at 5 ½”:
For the inside, cut a piece of Whisper White cardstock at 4” x 5 ¼”, stamp the sentiment in Night of Navy ink, the starburst in Crushed Curry ink, and adhere a ¾” strip of DSP along the bottom (the is the ¾” x 6” piece from cutting the DSP):
Isn’t this a fun card that is quick and easy to make? I know, you would think that my first card would include the dies, but as I was looking thru the DSP and catalog for ideas, making a masculine themed card just came into mind! Don’t worry, my next two cards use the dies! lol
Live in the USA? I would love to be your demonstrator! Contact me today to learn more about purchasing Stampin’ Up! products, hosting a party, joining my team or if you would like a complimentary catalog!
You can head over to my online store by clicking the Shop Now! button at the very top to see all available products.
I hope today’s project inspires you to get creative! Please contact me if you have any questions about the products used on this or any other project. I hope you enjoyed today’s blog and thanks for stopping by!