Hello and welcome to today’s card, which is a super cute and fun way to let someone know how much you mean to them! I have had lots of fun creating and sharing cards with you this week featuring the Nothing’s Better Than bundle, so why not make that “wow!’ card?? There are lots of elements to this card, but it was so easy to make! The only real hard part was waiting for the Shimmery Crystal Effects to dry!
The base layer is this design from the In Good Taste DSP, cut at 4” x 5 ¼”:
For the card front, you will need:
1. Use the fourth smallest layering Stitched Rectangle Die to cut out of Whisper White cardstock and stamp the words in Smoky Slate ink, see instructions below.
2. Use the next size up (fourth largest) layering Stitched Rectangle Die to cut out of Misty Moonlight cardstock, this will be layered under the Whisper White cardstock piece.
3. Use Real Red cardstock to cut out the die cut sentiment, I left the cardstock in the die to help when lining up to adhere. See below on how I applied the Adhesive Sheet to the cardstock.
4. Stamp the cocktail stamp in Basic Gray ink, use Light So Saffron, Dark Mango Melody, and Light Bermuda Bay Stampin’ Blends to color in the glass for the drink, then use the Color Lifter to “blend” the colors. Color in the umbrella with Dark Poppy Parade Stampin’ Blends and the fruit with Light So Saffron and Dark Mango Melody Stampin’ Blends. After this is cut out with the coordinating die, apply Shimmery Crystal Effects over the drink part of the glass and set aside to dry.
5. Stamp the coffee cup in Basic Gray ink and color in with Light and Dark Seaside Spray Stampin’ Blends, keeping an area in the cup blank, which you will color in with the Ivory Stampin’ Blends for the “coffee”. After cutting this out with the coordinating die, use a small amount of Shimmery Crystal Effects where the coffee is and set aside to dry.
6. Stamp the chocolate in Early Espresso ink and color in with Bronze and Ivory Stampin’ Blends. After cutting out with the coordinating die, use Shimmery Crystal Effects over the “chocolates” and set aside to dry.
7. Stamp the cookie stamp in Early Espresso ink and use Light and Dark Crumb Cake to color in. After cutting out with the coordinating die, fill in with Shimmery Crystal Effects and set aside to dry.
8. You will need four of the silver Metallic Pearls, not pictured.
***Note, I used Whisper White cardstock to stamp the images and since the Shimmery Crystal Effects takes some time to dry, you should make these first.
For the die cut words, I had a scrap of Real Red cardstock that was big enough to fit the die, so I peeled back two sections, laid the cardstock piece on the non-sticky side, laid the two sections (which are sticky) on top of the cardstock, and then trimmed around the cardstock:
For stamping the words, I first arranged the words so that they fit and you would see most of the word, and then used my Stamparatus to stamp them on the die cut Whisper White cardstock with Smoky Slate ink. This way the words are all lined up and I wouldn’t have to worry about any mistakes since I wanted the words just right on the cardstock:
I adhered the two stitched rectangles together, removed the backing from the die cut Real Red cardstock words, and applied them in the middle of the stamped/die cut top piece. For me, keeping the words in the die helped with placing:
The DSP base layer was adhered to a Misty Moonlight cardstock card base, cut at 5 ½” x 8 ½”, and scored at 4 ¼”, adhere the layered die cut sentiment piece in the middle of the base layer, use liquid glue to adhere the die cut pieces at the corners after they have dried (coordinating with the stamped word), and then apply four of the silver Metallic Pearls as shown:
For the inside, cut a piece of Whisper White cardstock at 4” x 5 ¼”, stamp the sentiment in Misty Moonlight ink and adhere a ¾” x 4” piece of same DSP design along the side:
What a super fun card to make! While it may seem like a lot of steps, it really didn’t while I was making the card! I really hope you’ve enjoyed this week’s featured bundle and seeing how fun and easy it is! Be sure to join me next week as I feature new products to inspire you!!
Live in the USA? I would love to be your demonstrator! Contact me today to learn more about purchasing Stampin’ Up! products, hosting a party, joining my team or if you would like a complimentary catalog!
You can head over to my online store by clicking the Shop Now! button at the very top to see all available products.
I hope today’s project inspires you to get creative! Please contact me if you have any questions about the products used on this or any other project. I hope you enjoyed today’s blog and thanks for stopping by!